Chancellor Ronnie Green welcomes you to the new academic year.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.193](inspirational music)
- [00:00:03.670]Welcome to campus and a new academic year
- [00:00:06.130]for the beginning of our fall 2018 semester.
- [00:00:09.760]It's an invigorating and amazing time
- [00:00:12.040]to be here at Nebraska.
- [00:00:14.050]We're about to launch into a new season of teaching,
- [00:00:16.910]of learning, and of discovery.
- [00:00:19.580]Beyond our commencement celebrations,
- [00:00:21.740]this is perhaps my favorite time of the year
- [00:00:24.700]when we welcome back over 26,000 amazing students
- [00:00:28.330]studying with us and over 6400
- [00:00:31.660]world class faculty and staff.
- [00:00:34.820]This is going to be a real historic year ahead of us
- [00:00:37.640]as this coming February, we'll celebrate 150 years
- [00:00:41.780]since our founding in 1869.
- [00:00:45.410]At Nebraska, we believe in the power of every person.
- [00:00:49.260]Whether you come to campus from Imperial, from Indiana,
- [00:00:52.700]or Indonesia, or any point in between, you belong here.
- [00:00:56.820]Whether faculty, student, or staff,
- [00:00:59.510]you can do big things here.
- [00:01:01.730]This is a place where you have the opportunity
- [00:01:03.900]to take your unique strengths and to stretch them.
- [00:01:06.930]Our faculty are changing lives everyday in the classroom,
- [00:01:10.420]in the lab, in the field, in the studio, and beyond.
- [00:01:14.380]As we kickoff this academic year, I want to extend
- [00:01:17.050]a special welcome to you, especially if this is
- [00:01:20.120]your very first semester on our campus.
- [00:01:23.240]We're Nebraska and we're glad you're here.
- [00:01:26.580]We want you to succeed and we know that this is a place
- [00:01:29.980]where you can find the one to one connections
- [00:01:32.480]to help you do that.
- [00:01:34.290]So often what makes all the difference is just getting
- [00:01:37.100]off to a great start.
- [00:01:38.800]If you need help, you don't have to go it alone.
- [00:01:41.900]Please talk to a friend or your advisor, or a professor,
- [00:01:46.240]or a colleague.
- [00:01:47.640]If you see someone in need, be willing to lend a hand.
- [00:01:51.205]We're here to do big things and that's exciting
- [00:01:54.610]for all of us in the Nebraska family.
- [00:01:57.730]Good luck to all of you and go Big Red.
Log in to post comments