Business Career Center - Employer Career Advice - Culture
Employer Career Advice from Kasey Sendgraff at Firespring
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:06.420]My name is Kasey Sendgraff
- [00:00:07.560]and I am the recruiter at Firespring.
- [00:00:10.100]I'm here today to talk about company culture
- [00:00:11.700]and how important it is to do your research
- [00:00:13.910]before you even apply for a company.
- [00:00:16.370]Reason being is,
- [00:00:17.270]if you're like any average working American,
- [00:00:19.870]you are going to spend at least one-third of your time,
- [00:00:22.470]if not more, on the job.
- [00:00:25.520]So the importance of the company culture
- [00:00:27.300]should matter to you.
- [00:00:28.620]You know, the role itself,
- [00:00:29.730]yes, you might enjoy the tasks and responsibilities.
- [00:00:32.540]But if you get into the environment,
- [00:00:34.050]the physical environment, if you don't believe
- [00:00:36.700]in the company values or morals,
- [00:00:39.730]you're gonna have a really difficult time.
- [00:00:41.620]So it's more about doing your research beforehand
- [00:00:43.540]and knowing what works best for you.
- [00:00:45.290]Couple ways to do that.
- [00:00:46.450]One, check out the company website first.
- [00:00:48.510]How they brand themselves and talk about their environment
- [00:00:50.850]and their culture is a sure sign right away
- [00:00:53.840]if it might be a fit or not for you.
- [00:00:55.580]Another great aspect to look at is, do some networking.
- [00:00:58.730]Reach out to a couple employees.
- [00:01:00.760]Ask the recruiters what they think about the environment.
- [00:01:04.100]Usually you can tell right away
- [00:01:05.290]if it's gonna be a fit for you or not.
- [00:01:06.930]And some of the aspects to consider would be
- [00:01:09.210]do you want autonomy on the job?
- [00:01:10.600]Do you want that freedom to make decisions
- [00:01:12.530]or do you want a little bit more structure?
- [00:01:14.800]Do you want someone there to kinda mentor you
- [00:01:16.960]and walk you through processes?
- [00:01:19.750]There's just a lot that goes into company culture
- [00:01:21.830]and it's, don't fool yourself, it's not gonna be a right
- [00:01:25.160]or wrong for every person.
- [00:01:27.100]So you really need to discover what works best for you
- [00:01:29.390]and what kind of company cultures
- [00:01:31.530]along the way will be the best fit.
Log in to post comments