Education Abroad: Carlos
Carlos Velasco talks about his education abroad experience in Paris.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.610]I sttudied abroad in Paris, France,
- [00:00:02.240]for the French-language program.
- [00:00:04.080]My career goal is to go into branding,
- [00:00:06.770]and especially in the field of luxury fashion.
- [00:00:10.070]While abroad, I did my research
- [00:00:12.270]for my undergraduate honors thesis.
- [00:00:14.390]I was researching how design helps to influence
- [00:00:16.990]the perception of value in luxury fashion objects,
- [00:00:19.860]so I was going around the city,
- [00:00:21.680]looking at different fashion houses,
- [00:00:23.490]researching in libraries, and talking with professionals,
- [00:00:26.460]and it was really a research opportunity
- [00:00:29.000]that could only happen in Paris.
- [00:00:30.620]The people I was in class with,
- [00:00:32.000]they came from all over the world, and they came
- [00:00:34.100]from just the most unique perspectives and backgrounds.
- [00:00:37.600]I think that everyone experiences homesickness
- [00:00:39.900]at one point or another, but it's just so easy
- [00:00:42.380]to phone home real quick and be like,
- [00:00:44.687]"Hey, I miss you all, but at the same time,
- [00:00:46.667]"I'm having the time of my life over here."
- [00:00:48.850]For me, honestly, it's been the single greatest experience
- [00:00:52.010]here in college; it's definitely helped me
- [00:00:53.510]find out who I am, what my interests are,
- [00:00:55.810]it's expanded my global perspective.
- [00:00:59.210]I really miss waking up every morning
- [00:01:01.660]and having an adventure.
Log in to post comments