Education Abroad: Megan
A Nebraska student studies architecture in Spain and France.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.690]I went to Barcelona and Paris.
- [00:00:03.480]They were both three-week trips
- [00:00:05.400]and, (chuckles) I don't even know where to begin.
- [00:00:07.940]It was incredible, we would meet our professor
- [00:00:10.110]each day at a different place every day
- [00:00:11.920]and we would learn about different buildings.
- [00:00:13.640]Most of them, we had learned about in school already.
- [00:00:16.400]So, it was really cool to actually
- [00:00:18.990]get to see them in real life.
- [00:00:20.430]In both trips, we were required to do
- [00:00:22.590]50 spreads of sketching in a sketchbook.
- [00:00:24.970]And we could do sketches, we could do collages,
- [00:00:27.684]we had to write about the places we saw.
- [00:00:30.620]I applied for quite a few scholarships
- [00:00:33.290]through the College of Architecture.
- [00:00:34.970]And I ended up getting two of them.
- [00:00:37.250]They were both travel scholarships.
- [00:00:39.400]I think every time you go somewhere
- [00:00:40.790]where the culture is different,
- [00:00:42.120]beliefs are different, religion is different,
- [00:00:44.030]you realize all those differences,
- [00:00:45.140]but you also realize that everyone is kind of just like you.
- [00:00:48.610]It's important for design and architecture,
- [00:00:50.350]because you gain an understanding of the world
- [00:00:52.047]and of people, and we're designing for people,
- [00:00:54.070]but I think it's important just in general.
- [00:00:56.860]I mean, it changes your mind.
- [00:00:58.966](musical flourish)
Log in to post comments