Requirements for becoming a certified private pesticide applicator in Nebraska
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:02.644]So, who needs a license?
- [00:00:04.094]Anyone applying restricted use pesticides
- [00:00:06.364]in Nebraska is required to have
- [00:00:08.064]a pesticide applicator license.
- [00:00:09.944]Restricted use pesticides are defined by
- [00:00:12.096]their toxicity or their potential hazard
- [00:00:14.196]to the environment.
- [00:00:16.380]Commercial applicators using
- [00:00:18.155]general use pesticides in the ornamental,
- [00:00:20.575]turf, or structural fields are also
- [00:00:23.345]required to have a license.
- [00:00:26.015]There are 3 types of pesticide applicator
- [00:00:28.925]licenses in Nebraska:
- [00:00:30.275]commercial, noncommercial, and private.
- [00:00:33.565]Commercial licenses apply to people
- [00:00:35.715]applying to the property of another
- [00:00:37.809]for hire or compensation.
- [00:00:39.409]A noncommercial license is for someone
- [00:00:41.849]applying to property owned or
- [00:00:43.639]directly controlled by their employer.
- [00:00:45.829]It’s specific to one employer,
- [00:00:47.829]so you must update your employment information
- [00:00:50.259]with the Nebraska Department of Ag
- [00:00:52.409]to maintain your noncommercial license.
- [00:00:54.769]And the third type is a private license.
- [00:00:56.959]This is for people applying pesticides
- [00:00:59.039]on land owned by you or your employer in
- [00:01:01.429]the production of an agricultural commodity.
- [00:01:04.079]You must both certified and licensed
- [00:01:06.209]to purchase and apply RUP products
- [00:01:09.489]to your land. You can become certified by:
- [00:01:11.898]attending a Nebraska Department of Agriculture-
- [00:01:14.598]approved training course, OR
- [00:01:17.158]completing an NDA-approved self-study course
- [00:01:19.933]like this one, OR
- [00:01:22.013]completing a graded examination
- [00:01:23.999]administered by the NDA.
- [00:01:26.449]Once you have successfully completed this course,
- [00:01:29.349]you will be certified.
- [00:01:30.809]Certification is valid for 3 years.
- [00:01:32.859]After you’re certified,
- [00:01:34.239]NDA will contact you about licensing.
- [00:01:36.819]You become licensed by paying a license fee
- [00:01:39.459]to the NDA. This is separate from Nebraska
- [00:01:42.999]Extension training fees.
- [00:01:44.509]You can pay your license fee at any time
- [00:01:46.709]during the 3-year certification period,
- [00:01:49.089]but the fee must be paid and a license
- [00:01:51.384]must be issued by the NDA before you can
- [00:01:53.934]purchase and/or apply RUPs.
- [00:01:56.577]In Nebraska, the minimum age for all
- [00:01:59.367]certified/licensed applicators is 16 years old.
Log in to post comments