FailSafe_Good to know
Good to know
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.760]Welcome to FailSafe, Good to Know.
- [00:00:06.220]Ready to start making your student organization failsafe.
- [00:00:11.664]Well the best place to start is by getting some insight,
- [00:00:15.012]and a little bit of feedback.
- [00:00:17.396]The first tool gives everyone in your organization
- [00:00:20.064]some feedback about their use of alcohol.
- [00:00:23.020]Each person you assign gets invited to take a private
- [00:00:25.348]confidential survey about their typical drinking behavior,
- [00:00:29.760]and then gets direct individualized feedback
- [00:00:32.712]based on their answers.
- [00:00:36.060]Well the truth is we're not always aware of the big picture
- [00:00:39.316]around some of our habits.
- [00:00:41.158]We just do them.
- [00:00:42.704]And sometimes getting the big picture is a really good idea.
- [00:00:46.724]Like where do I fit in with the rest of my peers
- [00:00:49.334]or fellow college students?
- [00:00:52.604]How much money do I actually spend on alcohol every month?
- [00:00:56.416]What beliefs do I have about the drinking habits
- [00:00:58.964]of the other students in my organization?
- [00:01:01.680]Getting the big picture may lead me to decide that
- [00:01:04.696]I'm okay the way I use alcohol,
- [00:01:06.958]or I might decide that there are some things
- [00:01:08.820]I'd like to do a little differently.
- [00:01:12.790]As the student leader guiding your organization
- [00:01:15.370]to become more failsafe, you'll get to see your
- [00:01:18.098]group members survey responses in general percentages,
- [00:01:22.162]but no one will see an individual's feedback
- [00:01:24.594]other than the person taking the survey.
- [00:01:27.292]You'll be able to use this information go get a sense
- [00:01:29.662]of the group's overall use of alcohol.
- [00:01:32.470]Although you won't see any individual's responses.
- [00:01:37.898]By the way, this is a great opportunity
- [00:01:40.254]for you to take stock of your own drinking.
- [00:01:43.014]As a leader you may not realize how many people
- [00:01:45.182]look to you to figure out what's normal
- [00:01:47.194]and what's not around alcohol.
- [00:01:49.473]Gaining insight into your own choices
- [00:01:51.646]and thinking carefully about your beliefs,
- [00:01:53.714]and expectations, may be the most important step you face.
- [00:01:58.186]Good for you to know.
- [00:02:01.846]So, it's time to hop onto the group member profile
- [00:02:05.875]and set up the tools so that each member
- [00:02:07.962]of your organization gets an individual link to the survey.
- [00:02:12.026]There are also some examples of what to say to the group,
- [00:02:14.890]to explain the FailSafe program,
- [00:02:16.690]and why taking the member alcohol profile is important.
- [00:02:20.470]Remember, no one else, not you, a college or university
- [00:02:24.462]administrator, or anyone other than the person
- [00:02:27.642]taking the survey can see each individual's results.
- [00:02:32.170]So, everyone's safe
- [00:02:34.558]and in the know!
Log in to post comments