Child Welfare Training Grant Announcement
The University of Nebraska has earned a $12 million dollar grant to train child welfare workers across the state.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.163](soft music)
- [00:00:13.132]This grant will fund operation of the state's
- [00:00:15.715]Child Protection and Safety Training Program
- [00:00:18.317]led by the university's Center
- [00:00:20.557]on Children, Families, and the Law.
- [00:00:23.245]This is such important work and is a great example
- [00:00:26.125]of the university partnering with the state of Nebraska
- [00:00:29.624]to improve lives for all Nebraskans.
- [00:00:32.760]This center was created in 1987
- [00:00:34.765]and I think it's one of the earliest
- [00:00:36.579]interdisciplinary centers that we have on the campus,
- [00:00:39.608]bringing together faculty from the College of Arts
- [00:00:42.467]and Sciences, Law, and Education and Human Sciences,
- [00:00:45.453]and research at the intersection of these
- [00:00:47.587]traditional disciplines is critical
- [00:00:49.784]to solving society's greatest challenges.
- [00:00:53.325]What started as this very small operation
- [00:00:55.395]has grown into a statewide training program
- [00:00:57.932]that includes in-classroom training,
- [00:01:00.728]online training, both synchronous and asynchronous,
- [00:01:03.672]simulation, experiential work, self-paced, online learning
- [00:01:08.916]that is really top, state of the art
- [00:01:11.372]and it's supported all along by our
- [00:01:14.616]amazing field training staff throughout the state
- [00:01:17.155]who work with HHS workers to get them
- [00:01:19.587]to be able to provide the kind of services
- [00:01:23.021]that our family and children here in the state need.
- [00:01:28.291]This is one of the many, many things
- [00:01:30.360]that the University of Nebraska Lincoln does
- [00:01:33.027]as a partner to our state.
- [00:01:34.883](soft music)
Log in to post comments