Nebraska Innovation Campus Growing
Overview of growth
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.000](rock music)
- [00:00:02.004]We're doing big things,
- [00:00:03.270]and really pushing the envelope here.
- [00:00:04.844]Doing research, and exploring new and innovative things.
- [00:00:08.116]Had to have that potential for growth and expansion.
- [00:00:10.893]It allows for this type of connection to happen.
- [00:00:14.224]Nebraska Innovation Campus is the place
- [00:00:16.911]to build the big idea.
- [00:00:19.099]Where imagination meets hard work.
- [00:00:21.857]And collaboration yields results.
- [00:00:25.704]Turning another shovel of dirt signals growth.
- [00:00:28.493]New office space for partners joining
- [00:00:30.925]the drive toward opportunity.
- [00:00:32.827]With 30 partners, Nebraska Innovation Campus has grown to
- [00:00:36.235]include a conference center, greenhouse, pilot plant,
- [00:00:39.427]and office or lab space for new and established businesses.
- [00:00:43.850]This is the collaborative space
- [00:00:45.590]that up to 6 companies will use.
- [00:00:47.328]Scheduled to open soon,
- [00:00:48.779]the biotech connector is an incubator
- [00:00:51.083]for emerging biotech companies.
- [00:00:53.889]There's this tremendous capacity, this tremendous
- [00:00:56.022]horsepower from the University of Nebraska system
- [00:00:58.382]to launch new companies
- [00:01:00.302]and create new innovations in bio-science.
- [00:01:02.830]Nebraska Innovation Campus
- [00:01:04.362]is fertile ground for companies with a mission.
- [00:01:07.820]Launching an innovation campus would offer us
- [00:01:10.401]the opportunity to have that state-wide reach.
- [00:01:13.162]Also the university partnerships are going
- [00:01:15.863]to grow even more importantly as we expand it.
- [00:01:18.249]This incubation space is really important
- [00:01:20.101]because it really allows us
- [00:01:21.562]to leverage our small company in a lot of ways.
- [00:01:23.733]For entrepreneurs, businesses large and small,
- [00:01:26.797]students and faculty researchers, it's happening.
- [00:01:30.482]At a conference, a workshop, a working lunch.
- [00:01:33.899]Whether you're a start-up, you're a early-stage company,
- [00:01:36.100]whatever, you're always gonna run into
- [00:01:37.947]similar types of issues.
- [00:01:38.959]And so if you can talk to them
- [00:01:40.820]and what they're experience was,
- [00:01:42.489]then it's pretty beneficial.
- [00:01:44.209]As a student, it's a great opportunity
- [00:01:45.953]to be able to work here at the Nebraska Innovation Campus.
- [00:01:48.953]I'm around all this great state-of-the-art technology
- [00:01:52.141]and experts in the industry.
- [00:01:53.837]Direct connection with faculty research interests.
- [00:01:56.855]What's happening with UNL, is we've joined the big 10.
- [00:01:59.432]It's really generated great growth in the university,
- [00:02:02.112]great growth in downtown urban living as well.
- [00:02:04.710]Nebraska Innovation Campus:
- [00:02:06.790]spaces and culture that inspire.
- [00:02:09.218](rock music)
Log in to post comments