Matilda Wardrobe Master Class at Lied Center
Students with an interest is fashion and costumes take a guided tour of the wardrobe department of a touring Broadway musical.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.830]All right, so here's our stage left rack,
- [00:00:04.491]where there's a lot of pieces that
- [00:00:05.843]are seeming to come back up,
- [00:00:07.541]because they end-- Although they put 'em on up here
- [00:00:10.082]for quick change,
- [00:00:11.415]they end up down in the dressing room.
- [00:00:13.196]We did a wardrobe master class here,
- [00:00:15.064]where I prepared a little packet for the kids
- [00:00:16.810]to let 'em know how it starts from the designer's end,
- [00:00:20.756]all the way to the touring end.
- [00:00:22.362]We started in the wardrobe room.
- [00:00:24.111]Well these fishnets are dead,
- [00:00:25.405]get me another pair, please.
- [00:00:26.924]Went to a dressing room,
- [00:00:28.230]explained some of the costumes.
- [00:00:30.910]Everyone loves and wants these boots.
- [00:00:32.972]Aren't they cool?
- [00:00:34.638]And we went up to the stage left and right
- [00:00:36.663]quick change areas.
- [00:00:38.288]We try to take really good care of all the shoes,
- [00:00:41.974]especially that were custom made,
- [00:00:44.044]so they last as long as they did.
- [00:00:45.827]These were made very well.
- [00:00:48.230]We learned a lot about how, behind the scenes,
- [00:00:50.911]how things work, how costumes are maintained.
- [00:00:53.570]I love costuming specifically because
- [00:00:55.541]I've always loved clothes.
- [00:00:57.004]With costumes, you get to tell a story using clothes,
- [00:01:00.218]which I think is great.
- [00:01:01.297]I would be interested in having this as a job,
- [00:01:04.813]so having this opportunity to see what it would be like
- [00:01:07.478]and ask questions, I think that's fantastic,
- [00:01:09.855]and I'm really glad I got to do it.
- [00:01:11.561]I like to talk to kids that have an interest
- [00:01:14.564]in learning about wardrobe,
- [00:01:16.074]because when I come back with the next tour,
- [00:01:18.075]I'd like to see their face on my dressing crew.
Log in to post comments