Actuarial Science Profile: Linda
Meet Linda Whitmire, 1988 actuarial science graduate of the College of Business.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.079](light, upbeat instrumental music)
- [00:00:03.557](Linda) I'm really proud to be
- [00:00:04.840]an alum of the University of Nebraska's
- [00:00:07.361]Actuarial Science program.
- [00:00:09.645]It's really put me on a great track
- [00:00:11.584]for, you know, a wonderful career
- [00:00:13.720]and I've really enjoyed it.
- [00:00:17.638]I grew up in Omaha
- [00:00:18.899]and I had always wanted to go
- [00:00:20.866]to the university where my Huskers played.
- [00:00:24.303]Some of the things that make
- [00:00:25.626]the university's program unique
- [00:00:28.024]is, first of all, the fact that
- [00:00:29.731]it's a CAE school.
- [00:00:31.008]There aren't many universities that are CAE schools,
- [00:00:34.699]but also the continuity of the staff.
- [00:00:37.428]Warren was here for many years
- [00:00:39.965]and Sue was a professor,
- [00:00:42.065]and now as she takes over the Directorship
- [00:00:44.358]she's learned from some of the best.
- [00:00:47.839]What you like, what you didn't like
- [00:00:49.046]about the internship.
- [00:00:51.694]Ameritas hires of lot of interns.
- [00:00:54.341]Right now we have probably around 10 interns.
- [00:00:57.882]Ours is unique because it's year round.
- [00:01:00.215]So, the interns have always kept us
- [00:01:01.772]very close to the university.
- [00:01:04.882]You could have a project and see it through.
- [00:01:06.972](Linda) A lot of excitement,
- [00:01:07.815]a lot of community in what they have provided to us.
- [00:01:13.500]I believe the campaign is important
- [00:01:15.673]because we want to continue to raise the bar at Nebraska.
- [00:01:19.128]We want to be able to continue to strive to provide
- [00:01:22.795]a world class education,
- [00:01:24.399]and we want to have the tools in place
- [00:01:27.441]to be able to provide the stability
- [00:01:29.914]for the long term strength and growth of this program.
- [00:01:34.339](instrumental music continues)
- [00:01:36.404]For six decades the industry has been very generous
- [00:01:39.318]in supporting the Acutuarial Science program
- [00:01:41.219]here at Nebraska,
- [00:01:43.146]but now we have an opportunity to build on that
- [00:01:45.967]and to provide for the future by ensuring
- [00:01:49.288]we have a strong endowment.
- [00:01:52.225]I encourage other alumni to join me in this campaign.
- [00:01:56.413]Together, we're going to make this a world class program.
- [00:02:00.772](light instrumental music concludes)
Log in to post comments