TMFD Alumni JLynn Hausman
TMFD Alumni Interview - JLynn Hausmann
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.389](light techno music)
- [00:00:15.700]My name is J Lynn Hausmann.
- [00:00:16.533]I am the owner and designer of Jhaus.
- [00:00:19.458]It's American made premium denim collection.
- [00:00:21.979]I've been doing that for four years.
- [00:00:23.960]I've been in the industry for 6 years.
- [00:00:26.792]I also am part owner of a company out of Omaha.
- [00:00:29.922]It's called Style Save.
- [00:00:31.819]My main position there is sourcing so I'm the buyer.
- [00:00:35.070]We buy secondhand goods, overstocks,
- [00:00:39.272]slightly damaged, shelf pulls.
- [00:00:42.029]Definitely the professors.
- [00:00:44.107]They've all been great.
- [00:00:45.320]Just being in Nebraska.
- [00:00:46.937]All the support, all the opportunities
- [00:00:49.208]have really helped me with my career.
- [00:00:51.666]And I'm still really involved
- [00:00:52.939]with all of them and all the different opportunities.
- [00:00:56.696]Definitely being open to change.
- [00:00:58.494]This industry is changing every day.
- [00:01:00.894]So, being open to change
- [00:01:02.573]and then also predicting the future.
- [00:01:04.685]Being out there, seeing what's new.
- [00:01:07.362]Being a step ahead of the game is definitely important.
- [00:01:10.398]Also a big aspect for us is our online business,
- [00:01:13.447]which is rapidly growing.
- [00:01:16.168]There's so many opportunities there
- [00:01:18.343]and just being aware of the online business
- [00:01:21.022]in that direction.
- [00:01:22.952]I think I didn't have a lot of like hands on experience
- [00:01:26.516]but the professors would take us to businesses
- [00:01:29.312]and like show us that hands on experience,
- [00:01:31.234]which really helped.
- [00:01:32.360]I wish I would have done more of that.
- [00:01:34.462]Just getting more experience and hands on.
- [00:01:38.734]Go big red?
- [00:01:40.846]I don't know.
- [00:01:41.864]Honestly I was just looking at,
- [00:01:44.258]they had, "There's no place like Nebraska"
- [00:01:46.802]over at the union and it's so true.
- [00:01:49.199]I love it back here.
- [00:01:50.582]And it's a great program
- [00:01:52.360]and I just think the world of this place.
Log in to post comments