RFI Community Innovation Fellow | Jeff Yost
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.284]I'm Jeff Yost, I'm President and CEO
- [00:00:02.099]of the Nebraska Community Foundation.
- [00:00:04.400]Real places are wonderful in the sense
- [00:00:07.431]that we're all connected to one another.
- [00:00:09.377]And as we have more and more technology in the world,
- [00:00:11.557]one of the things that people are seeking
- [00:00:13.965]is more connection to other folks.
- [00:00:16.568]And, finally, we're on the dawn of a new age.
- [00:00:19.642]You can now live and work wherever you wanna live and work,
- [00:00:22.573]so the community economic development question isn't jobs,
- [00:00:26.066]it's really, "Why here?
- [00:00:27.506]"Why do I wanna live, raise my family,
- [00:00:30.101]"raise my kids and live my life in this place?"
- [00:00:33.772]The Nebraska Community Foundation
- [00:00:35.177]does community and economic development work
- [00:00:37.661]all over the state of Nebraska.
- [00:00:40.020]We work with groups in about 250 places around the state.
- [00:00:43.446]Our work is really about
- [00:00:44.786]helping communities help themselves,
- [00:00:47.126]and our work is to help communities understand
- [00:00:50.091]the potential and the abundance that exists in their place
- [00:00:54.671]to really impact their destiny.
- [00:00:56.734]One of the things that I really, really like
- [00:00:58.536]about what our F has done is
- [00:01:00.091]the service learning piece of it.
- [00:01:02.277]So university students doing a paid internship
- [00:01:05.923]in real places for the summer,
- [00:01:08.079]with the idea that it gives those students the opportunity
- [00:01:10.673]to experience a real place
- [00:01:13.156]and potentially think about that as one of their options
- [00:01:16.061]as they move forward in life.
Log in to post comments