RFI Community Innovation Fellow | Robert Stowell, J.D.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.240]My name's Bob Stowell.
- [00:00:01.718]I live in Ord, Nebraska, I practice law there,
- [00:00:04.308]and participate in community development
- [00:00:07.610]and economic development.
- [00:00:08.630]Rural areas are really important to me
- [00:00:10.302]because I grew up in Valley County, Nebraska,
- [00:00:14.075]and left when I was 17 years old.
- [00:00:16.746]My wife and I decided to move home
- [00:00:19.204]because we wanted our kids to have
- [00:00:20.913]the opportunity to grow up in a rural environment.
- [00:00:23.361]Rural people care about each other,
- [00:00:25.295]and it's important, then, for those of us
- [00:00:28.435]who are able to provide opportunity
- [00:00:31.588]to create businesses and create an opportunity
- [00:00:35.178]for young people to come back to
- [00:00:36.443]the rural area to sustain that way of life.
- [00:00:38.964]I believe one of the most important things
- [00:00:40.520]RFI can do is identify measurable outcomes in rural areas
- [00:00:45.660]so we can build a framework that's replicable
- [00:00:50.268]and can be transported across Nebraska,
- [00:00:53.184]the United States and the world
- [00:00:54.752]to help improve rural life opportunities.
- [00:00:57.920]I feel very honored to be asked to be an RFI fellow
- [00:01:01.205]and I'm excited about our future
- [00:01:02.609]because we share a passion for
- [00:01:04.028]people and places in the rural areas.
- [00:01:06.644]I believe that what we've done locally
- [00:01:09.622]and on the ground and the knowledge that we have gained
- [00:01:12.152]combined with the resources, the expertise,
- [00:01:15.680]the ability to bring new thoughts
- [00:01:20.500]and strategies to these areas gives us
- [00:01:24.316]a very powerful partnership and combination
- [00:01:26.684]that I'm excited to be a part of.
Log in to post comments