Transitioning to Canvas
Transitioning to Canvas by Scott Anderson, Hixon-Lied Professor of Music.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:02.368]The most difficult part of transitioning to Canvas,
- [00:00:04.619]for me, has been to not try to do it all at once,
- [00:00:10.017]because I really wanted to.
- [00:00:11.387]Once I got the Rock and Roll course onto Canvas,
- [00:00:15.819]then I added my Honors course to Canvas,
- [00:00:18.307]I taught an Honors course on Bob Dylan.
- [00:00:20.608]But we were already in to the semester,
- [00:00:23.619]and I wanted to start my grading,
- [00:00:24.760]all of my courses, I had to fight that impulse.
- [00:00:26.958]I wanted those things to happen now
- [00:00:29.659]and I put them all off until Spring
- [00:00:32.560]because it wasn't fair to the students
- [00:00:33.819]to say oh, by the way, you've already been on Blackboard,
- [00:00:36.718]now I'm gonna move you over to Canvas.
- [00:00:38.208]Let's not do that again.
- [00:00:40.368]So, its just fighting that impulse.
- [00:00:42.238]Its just a terrific product, I've had no issues with it.
Log in to post comments