Transitioning to Canvas
Transitioning to Canvas by Shavonna Holman, Ed.D, Assistant Professor of Practice, Educational Administration Department.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:02.227]So, initially, I went through my Blackboard course,
- [00:00:06.019]to kinda figure out which items I wanted to keep
- [00:00:08.974]and which items I didn't want to keep.
- [00:00:11.745]And once I had that figured out,
- [00:00:13.833]I just went straight to Canvas and just created Module One,
- [00:00:17.414]and just went through it piece by piece by piece by piece,
- [00:00:20.054]and I think what works best for me, before I even,
- [00:00:24.108]which is another option, I lied, before I even...
- [00:00:27.087]I can't remember the term that they use,
- [00:00:28.498]but when you show the information to your students,
- [00:00:30.792]so that it's, published, is the word.
- [00:00:34.334]I like that it's not published initially,
- [00:00:36.514]and that you can go through and just
- [00:00:37.608]kinda tweak some things if you need to
- [00:00:38.873]before you published, or, even now,
- [00:00:40.958]I have a link that I uploaded,
- [00:00:43.078]and for some reason it's not working anymore,
- [00:00:45.009]and so I just went through and unpublished it,
- [00:00:46.472]just like that, and students have no idea
- [00:00:48.848]that it wasn't even in there initially.
- [00:00:51.171]And so I just like the ease of that.
- [00:00:53.675]As I've said it before,
- [00:00:55.990]just transitioning from Blackboard to Canvas has,
- [00:00:58.446]it was a really easy transition for me.
- [00:01:01.063]I don't know how it's been for other people, but
- [00:01:04.618]I'm kinda technology-savvy, I would say,
- [00:01:07.202]and so, just being able to start over, brand-new, and then,
- [00:01:11.220]redesigning my course a little bit to make it
- [00:01:14.882]fresh, I guess,
- [00:01:15.715]for a new learning management system as well.
Log in to post comments