Thank you from the College of Business Administration
Thanks to alumni, the College of Business Administration has really been able to "Start Something."
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.434](bright music)
- [00:00:03.168]It started as a tagline and now it's become our mantra.
- [00:00:07.963]Start something.
- [00:00:10.287]We have started so much
- [00:00:12.144]thanks to your generosity and your support.
- [00:00:16.641]Our new 240,000-square-foot building
- [00:00:20.699]is the most visible game changer.
- [00:00:23.839]Work continues on its state-of-the-art classrooms,
- [00:00:27.093]one-stop student support services, cutting-edge technology,
- [00:00:32.313]and amazing spaces to hold events.
- [00:00:36.249]When I give tours of the construction site,
- [00:00:38.600]I always mention how the structure itself is a reflection
- [00:00:42.599]of so much more happening in the college.
- [00:00:47.910]We have seen six years of tremendous growth
- [00:00:50.757]in the quality and diversity of distinctive programs.
- [00:00:54.377]Students can now choose their own path
- [00:00:57.189]and tailor their business education to achieve their goals.
- [00:01:02.144]For example, a student in our CBA Honors Academy
- [00:01:06.416]could choose to major in supply chain management
- [00:01:09.353]while also pursuing a minor in business analytics.
- [00:01:12.904]The academy now has four cohorts of high-ability students
- [00:01:16.984]and will graduate its first class in May.
- [00:01:21.691]Dream big!
- [00:01:23.822]Imagine a high school student visiting us
- [00:01:25.876]during the summer Dream Big Academy.
- [00:01:28.568]She may be inspired to be the first in her family
- [00:01:31.251]to go to college and realize a dream of studying abroad
- [00:01:34.897]and majoring in international business.
- [00:01:37.531]Dream big!
- [00:01:39.519]A student majoring in economics at Nebraska
- [00:01:42.226]could advance his business idea through
- [00:01:44.989]the CBA business plan competitions and become a success
- [00:01:48.697]with the help of services offered
- [00:01:51.085]by the Center for Entrepreneurship.
- [00:01:53.977]A music major could be empowered to negotiate contracts
- [00:01:57.724]by pursuing a professional sales certificate.
- [00:02:00.902]She may decide to further her education
- [00:02:03.251]with an 11-month M.A. in business administration program.
- [00:02:07.684]And at Nebraska, we are changing the way we teach business
- [00:02:11.796]by integrating a focus on strengths.
- [00:02:14.803]Now every freshman discovers their strengths,
- [00:02:17.935]explores them in an eight-week course
- [00:02:20.308]and even meets one-on-one with their own strengths coach.
- [00:02:25.388]A student who knows her strengths can explain
- [00:02:28.094]during an interview how she would be an asset to a company.
- [00:02:31.438]Hey guys
- [00:02:33.021]With resume assistance and mock interviews
- [00:02:35.575]from career services at CBA, she is prepared to get
- [00:02:39.356]an internship and later her ideal job.
- [00:02:43.719]Whether studying business as an undergraduate
- [00:02:46.186]or in our top-ranked MBA
- [00:02:48.529]or pursuing professional development
- [00:02:51.058]with our executive education program,
- [00:02:53.913]there are unlimited opportunities to start something
- [00:02:57.568]at our big 10 College of Business.
- [00:03:00.587]These distinctive programs and much more
- [00:03:03.678]are funded by the generous support
- [00:03:05.781]of our alumni and friends like you.
- [00:03:08.703]Together, we are developing a world-class college
- [00:03:12.586]for our world-class building.
- [00:03:15.592]Thank you for all the ways to support CBA
- [00:03:18.829]and for helping us start something.
- [00:03:22.530](gentle music flourish)
Log in to post comments