CoJMC ADPR promo - full
CoJMC Advertising and PR promo with Sydni - full, with audio
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:02.660](writing on chalkboard)
- [00:00:08.039]My name is Sydni.
- [00:00:08.990]I'm an advertising and public relations major
- [00:00:11.265]and I'm from Irwindale, Iowa.
- [00:00:14.007]Brands are are absolutely everywhere.
- [00:00:15.298]From walking through the mall to walking down the street
- [00:00:17.851]and looking at people's clothing, looking at stores.
- [00:00:20.528]Everywhere you go, brands surround you.
- [00:00:25.684]Here at the university, you will get
- [00:00:26.729]the foundation that will help you
- [00:00:28.060]see the breath from advertising from research to strategy,
- [00:00:31.939]graphic design, social media work,
- [00:00:34.249]and put it all to use through Jacht,
- [00:00:36.203]through national student advertising competitions.
- [00:00:38.538]There are a variety of ways that students get to
- [00:00:40.714]work with hands-on clients.
- [00:00:43.658]Jacht is a student-run advertising agency.
- [00:00:45.893]Essentially, the most beautiful mix of a classroom
- [00:00:49.229]and business experience.
- [00:00:51.337]Designers, our copywriters,
- [00:00:53.090]videographers, photographers.
- [00:00:54.683]We have students of all these different skills
- [00:00:56.457]coming together to create campaigns for reappliance.
- [00:01:00.015]I think UNL is just a place where opportunity is constant.
- [00:01:04.121]It's what allows students to prosper in their careers
- [00:01:07.082]academically, professionally, and personally.
- [00:01:10.575]I have felt so valued as a student at UNL.
- [00:01:15.425]From my very first class,
- [00:01:17.011]I had a professor who sat down with me one-on-one
- [00:01:19.362]and asked about my hopes and dreams
- [00:01:21.001]and just conversed with me about what I wanted
- [00:01:22.755]out of my college career, what I wanted to do professionally
- [00:01:25.821]and understand that you can truly start here and go anywhere
- [00:01:28.560]due to the passion and experience of the professors
- [00:01:31.303]and of all of the peers and classmates around you.
- [00:01:34.507]Graduates want to do big things.
- [00:01:36.049]From being leaders at advertising
- [00:01:37.674]and public relations agencies,
- [00:01:39.129]as well as going on to work at big brands
- [00:01:40.723]such as Google, Yahoo, or Disney.
- [00:01:45.104]This program is built on a strong belief
- [00:01:46.667]that in order to truly learn, you must do.
- [00:01:49.962]I'm honing my communications skills
- [00:01:51.337]to be able to write, design, create messages
- [00:01:53.741]that can really make an impact
- [00:01:55.192]and really shape the way that someone feels
- [00:01:56.935]about the brand or an issue.
- [00:01:58.658]Whether you're more interested in
- [00:01:59.909]advertising or public relations, account or creative,
- [00:02:02.639]you'll get the foundation you need here
- [00:02:04.138]to start here and go anywhere.
Log in to post comments