CoJMC Broadcasting promo - DeWayne - full
CoJMC broadcasting promo with DeWayne - full, with audio
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.513](upbeat music)
- [00:00:05.282]This is Lincoln's Hit Music, 106.3 KFRX.
- [00:00:07.806]We're rocking with new music.
- [00:00:09.152]We've got One Direction, it's History on KFRX.
- [00:00:12.147]My name is DeWayne Taylor.
- [00:00:13.171]I'm a senior broadcasting major
- [00:00:15.439]at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- [00:00:19.297]It started with an idea that I had
- [00:00:20.959]to do a radio show, and Rick, my professor
- [00:00:24.194]being able to say, "Take that step.
- [00:00:26.441]"Why not.
- [00:00:27.274]"I'll be here the whole way.
- [00:00:29.191]"Let me know if you need anything."
- [00:00:31.102]Then, I got an internship in radio,
- [00:00:33.523]and then from there I started getting a job in radio.
- [00:00:36.416]Now, I currently work as a nighttime radio host.
- [00:00:39.278]It's KFRX.
- [00:00:40.111]Right now we've got requested music from Alessia Cara.
- [00:00:42.760]It's called Wild Things.
- [00:00:43.938]The broadcasting program has no real student limit.
- [00:00:48.755]They will give you resources that allow you
- [00:00:50.616]to actually explore on your own.
- [00:00:52.361]We have a radio studio, a real radio studio
- [00:00:55.545]called KRNU, and you can get full radio experience
- [00:00:58.571]inside of that studio.
- [00:01:01.763]You will get hands-on opportunities from day one.
- [00:01:04.486]So if you say "I want to be a news anchor,
- [00:01:07.267]"I wanna be a radio host" and you come to campus
- [00:01:09.403]that first day, you're gonna have
- [00:01:11.110]an opportunity to do that.
- [00:01:12.662]The tools that you have are going to be backed up
- [00:01:15.516]by professionals who've been there.
- [00:01:17.714]They're gonna teach you how to use that
- [00:01:19.145]to make sure that once you enter the professional realm,
- [00:01:21.748]you're 100% ready to take it on, no matter what.
- [00:01:26.509]There are so many opportunities for new things
- [00:01:29.099]to start in the broadcasting program.
- [00:01:31.490]It may just be someone sitting around chatting,
- [00:01:33.758]"Yeah, I've got this idea
- [00:01:34.963]"and I didn't know if it would fly."
- [00:01:36.504]Of course it can fly!
- [00:01:38.257]That's exactly how we change the media.
- [00:01:41.540]That's how new media is new media.
- [00:01:43.259]That's how it's formed, by students like us,
- [00:01:45.650]young broadcasters saying, "We can make the change,
- [00:01:48.572]"why not do it now."
- [00:01:50.185](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments