UNL Events Tutorials: Introduction
An introduction to UNL Events and the new UNL Events Video Tutorial Series
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.200]Hello, and welcome to the
- [00:00:02.178]UNL Events Video Tutorial Series.
- [00:00:04.926]I'm Tyler Lemburg, Senior Software Engineer
- [00:00:07.244]at the University of Nebraska--Lincoln.
- [00:00:09.313]I'm a team member of Internet and
- [00:00:10.858]Interactive Media, a partnership of
- [00:00:12.674]University Communications and
- [00:00:14.221]Information Technology Services, and
- [00:00:16.387]I'm the lead developer on UNL Events.
- [00:00:18.722]UNL Events is a calendar system used
- [00:00:20.903]by the University of Nebraska to
- [00:00:22.354]publish upcoming events, share events
- [00:00:24.143]between departments and colleges,
- [00:00:25.970]and syndicate these events to websites
- [00:00:27.708]and digital signage. The system implements
- [00:00:30.006]a collection of different calendars,
- [00:00:32.284]allowing users to keep their events
- [00:00:34.002]separate from the University-at-large,
- [00:00:35.783]while being able to push them to the main
- [00:00:37.564]UNL calendar, when necessary.
- [00:00:40.496]Let's take a quick look at what
- [00:00:42.275]UNL Events offers. Here is the main
- [00:00:44.510]calendar for the University, at
- [00:00:46.396]events.unl.edu. Events can be seen via a
- [00:00:50.106]day, week, or month view,
- [00:00:55.046]and even a year view is available.
- [00:00:57.778]You may also look at all upcoming events.
- [00:01:01.891]Specific colleges and departments have
- [00:01:04.210]their own calendars, such as this one
- [00:01:06.154]for the College of Law. Lastly, these
- [00:01:09.042]events can be syndicated to UNL web pages,
- [00:01:11.508]as the College of Law has done here,
- [00:01:13.406]in order to keep students, staff, and
- [00:01:15.585]faculty up to date. UNL Events is managed
- [00:01:18.184]through the UNL Events Manager interface,
- [00:01:20.800]which will be the main focus of these
- [00:01:24.508]If you're new to UNL Events, click on over
- [00:01:26.887]to our next video to see how to get
- [00:01:28.353]started with your own calendar and
- [00:01:29.869]creating your first event. If you're a
- [00:01:31.573]more experienced user, you may want to
- [00:01:33.442]check out our advanced videos, or view
- [00:01:35.175]our documentation, which can be found
- [00:01:36.843]at the link at the end of this video.
- [00:01:38.815]Thanks for watching, and Go Big Red.
Log in to post comments