Jasmine Mausbach, Enivornmental Restoration Science Undergraduate Major
Jasmine shares why she chose the major of Environmental Restoration Science, her favorite classes and why she chose UNL as a place to study.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.214]Hi, my name is Jasmine Mausbach,
- [00:00:01.897]and I'm from Omaha, Nebraska.
- [00:00:03.755]My majors are Spanish, environmental restoration,
- [00:00:06.482]and environmental studies.
- [00:00:08.061]The best thing about being a student
- [00:00:09.721]in the School of Natural Resources
- [00:00:11.219]is the teachers, the faculty, the advisors.
- [00:00:14.482]They're so helpful.
- [00:00:15.561]They're with you every step of the way,
- [00:00:18.742]and it's a great, great help.
- [00:00:21.174]A career I hope in pursuing after graduation, I'm not sure.
- [00:00:26.533]But I hope to work internationally
- [00:00:29.501]and restoring the environment in any way possible.
- [00:00:34.042]Some of my favorite hands-on experiences
- [00:00:35.789]have actually been in the class.
- [00:00:38.275]In my Soils 153 class, we had the
- [00:00:42.485]experience of going out into the field
- [00:00:44.969]and doing soil samples, looking at the sandy loam,
- [00:00:48.289]the consistency, and it was a great, great experience.
- [00:00:52.597]An internship that I'm currently at
- [00:00:54.346]right now is with the Water for Food Institute.
- [00:00:56.463]And there, I do a lot of different
- [00:00:58.610]work that they need me to do,
- [00:01:00.412]and it applies to what I will be doing in school,
- [00:01:03.814]which is a lot of water research and irrigation,
- [00:01:07.877]along with food and agriculture.
- [00:01:11.481]One of the ways I'm involved in SNR community
- [00:01:14.829]is I created the Women in Science seminar.
- [00:01:19.313]And, through that, I gathered a bunch
- [00:01:22.432]of faculty from the School of Natural Resources
- [00:01:24.572]and other schools within the university,
- [00:01:27.115]and I created this, basically, huge event where a bunch
- [00:01:31.607]of women come and talk about their experiences.
- [00:01:34.432]It was a great opportunity for an undergraduate.
Log in to post comments