Dennis Bukowski - Why internships are important
Part of the 2011 internship series.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:05.910]I'm Dennis Bukowski. I'm an Advertising major
- [00:00:08.790]With a concentration in graphic design.
- [00:00:11.200]Basically everything and anything creative . . .
- [00:00:14.780]Places that... I'm a senior...
- [00:00:18.640]The places I've had internships with are a
- [00:00:22.580]Strictly Business Magazine which is kind of just a local business scene magazine.
- [00:00:28.120]And then I've worked with Thought District. Probably two things...
- [00:00:31.900]obviously, networking and then experience.
- [00:00:36.239]you, you meet everybody, you know become
friends with them
- [00:00:39.480]you go to events. I know Thought District, they
they organize all these events for you
- [00:00:43.289]we just go over to their houses like
Thanksgiving in July, and
- [00:00:45.879]ummm..you know Christmas in, I think it was May, they had an event.
- [00:00:50.890]you get to, you know, be buddy buddy these
people and they introduce you to people
- [00:00:54.079]at other agencies, you know, that way
you have all these connections when you
- [00:00:56.780]get out of school
- [00:00:58.340]and that, you know, takes a lot of
the pressure off
- [00:01:00.420]when you do graduate. Then, experience, that speaks for itself, when you're going there
- [00:01:05.269]during the summer, you know, or whenever you work, and you're getting that
- [00:01:09.140]actual professional work that's not just
school work. I can speak for
- [00:01:12.730]Thought District,
- [00:01:13.520]um... it was basically my first experience with
- [00:01:18.270]you know, clients that, you know,
put a lot of trust and faith in me.
- [00:01:22.680]I designed... I work with HobbyTown
- [00:01:26.610]and they did a
- [00:01:30.130]email templates and mailers
- [00:01:33.360]and just all sorts of designs for new
products and stuff that'd be
- [00:01:37.990]pitched to franchisee owners at HobbyTown.
- [00:01:41.940]at stores all over U.S. and it was, you know, it's great having that actual
- [00:01:45.840]professional experience.
Log in to post comments