MAIAA at UNL College of Business
Learn about the Master of Arts in Business with a Specialization in Intercollegiate Athletics Administration at the University of Nebraska. business.unl.edu/maiaa
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.000](upbeat music)
- [00:00:02.699](crowd murmuring)
- [00:00:06.978]As a part of the MAIAA program,
- [00:00:09.350]you get an automatic internship
- [00:00:10.572]with the UNL athletic department.
- [00:00:12.878]Being able to get that guaranteed internship
- [00:00:14.893]was what really sold me on wanting to come to Nebraska.
- [00:00:17.702](crowd cheering)
- [00:00:21.576]A chance to be able to work here,
- [00:00:23.175]and have the N on my resume,
- [00:00:25.378]the N on my chest, it's incredible.
- [00:00:26.832]Let's go Nebraska!
- [00:00:28.060]I got time of possession up to--
- [00:00:30.063]My internship is in the digital communications field.
- [00:00:33.263]Went ahead and published that.
- [00:00:34.949]Get to work on Huskers.com
- [00:00:37.297]and the the digital media side of the athletic department.
- [00:00:41.202]Good so far.
- [00:00:42.307](crowd cheering)
- [00:00:43.572]My internship is in sports analytics,
- [00:00:45.894]using data to help the teams and departments
- [00:00:47.876]within the athletic department do their best.
- [00:00:51.301]Checking the stats, getting ready to write the recap
- [00:00:53.225]for after these games.
- [00:00:56.373]I also work with the development side,
- [00:00:58.811]doing donor events and helping with the game day sweets.
- [00:01:03.104]Here's a program for you.
- [00:01:04.637]Anything that's on Husker Vision,
- [00:01:06.059]anything that's on the jumbotron,
- [00:01:07.096]if there's any music,
- [00:01:07.929]all go through our office.
- [00:01:09.335]They're gonna walk out straight like that and turn.
Okay, we're going to break.
- [00:01:13.521]Right there is perfect.
- [00:01:15.367]When my hand goes in the air, we're live.
- [00:01:17.447]At this time, please join--
- [00:01:18.280]Okay, we're good.
- [00:01:20.022]Great job.
- [00:01:21.270]It's a great opportunity to get your foot
- [00:01:22.633]in the door in collegiate athletics.
- [00:01:24.273]You could also get a stipend.
- [00:01:25.598]You get free tuition, and you get to be
- [00:01:27.100]at a great Division One institution, like Nebraska.
- [00:01:29.881](upbeat music)
- [00:01:31.370]I really enjoy being behind the scenes,
- [00:01:33.519]what goes on in the athletic department.
- [00:01:36.113]This experience has been unbelievable.
- [00:01:37.437]Every day, I've learned.
- [00:01:38.746]They kind of threw me into the fire and it's been great.
- [00:01:40.891]Having an automatic internship, is...
- [00:01:42.966]I think it's invaluable,
- [00:01:44.154]especially with this athletic department.
- [00:01:46.497]I love this program for the professional development
- [00:01:48.531]it has provided me.
- [00:01:50.116]Things that I've learned here...
- [00:01:51.468]Having Nebraska on my resume,
- [00:01:52.699]I think it's gonna really set me up great
- [00:01:54.012]for my next step in my career.
- [00:01:56.440](band music)
- [00:01:57.754]If you want to work in college athletics,
- [00:01:58.957]this is where you need to be.
- [00:02:00.670]I'm not saying that to sell the program.
- [00:02:02.214]I'm saying it because I believe it,
- [00:02:03.852]and I know I'm gonna do great things from here.
- [00:02:05.923]That's all because of this program.
Log in to post comments