UNL - the Cast - Meet Patrick
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:03.218]My name is Patrick. I'm a theatre
performance major at the University of
- [00:00:06.309]Nebraska-Lincoln at the Johnny Carson
School of Theatre and Film.
- [00:00:10.849]I may just be a performing major, but that
doesn't mean that that's all I do.
- [00:00:16.078]When my parents found out that I wanted to
go into acting, they thought I was crazy.
- [00:00:19.856]They said that all actors are starving
- [00:00:22.517]I think it's important to have that kind
of opposition because, in the end, you
- [00:00:26.366]have to know that that's what you want to
do and that you're going to work for it.
- [00:00:30.526]My dream job is to be in Cirque du Soleil.
I want to be one of the guys that's on the
- [00:00:34.075]wires that's running up the wall inverted
with a spear in his hand, basically
- [00:00:38.865]getting the opportunity to fly through the
- [00:00:42.388]I love playing chess. Anything can happen
in a game. There's this feeling of mystery
- [00:00:47.085]of what your opponent is going to do.
You have your strong moments where
- [00:00:51.216]maybe you're a little bit ahead and you're
feeling good and then sometimes
- [00:00:54.294]it knocks you on your butt.
- [00:00:55.986]When you're acting, you know, when you're
on stage, things aren't always going to
- [00:00:58.663]happen the way you want them to. You have
to adapt in the moment and respond and I
- [00:01:03.081]think that's something you learn when you
- [00:01:07.966]When you're in the school of acting, it's
not just stage, it's not just film, but you
- [00:01:11.949]have exposure to do all of those because
we have an integrated school of theatre
- [00:01:15.093]and film.
- [00:01:16.590]After all, that's what the school does is
it teaches you how to make a career.
- [00:01:21.119]Because if you want to be a Hollywood
actor, you can do that because the
- [00:01:24.413]training here gives you the tools you need
to go out and keep learning, keep
- [00:01:28.534]improving until you get to where
you want to be.
Log in to post comments