CEHS Featured Student - Tessa
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:02.252]Hi, I'm Tessa. I'm a child, youth and family studies major.
- [00:00:05.345]I'll normally have a cup of coffee because I'm kind of a coffee junkee.
- [00:00:09.654]I'm from Columbus, Nebraska.
- [00:00:11.504]I've been going to football games since I was little, so I guess you could call me a "bred Husker."
- [00:00:18.000]Going to school in Nebraska has exceeded my expectations.
- [00:00:21.532]I thought that, like, I'd be trapped in Nebraska. But it's been really amazing because it is home,
- [00:00:26.331]but I still have room to grow.
- [00:00:29.595]Destinations is just such a cool place and I volunteer there as a barista.
- [00:00:33.859]I definitely love the art form that comes with making coffee drinks and also I just love what, like, coffee does.
- [00:00:38.869]It brings people together. That's what Destinations is all about, is building relationships with the people that come there
- [00:00:43.598]and I just thought that was super cool and I love coffee.
- [00:00:47.996]I am a member of Chi Omega. There's so many different girls that you're like, "How do they belong in the same house?"
- [00:00:53.690]But we all mesh together so well.
- [00:00:56.127]I see my sisters probably about once a day... minimum. [laughter]
- [00:01:02.279]I just have a favorite professor and she's great and she's just really fun to talk to
- [00:01:07.141]so before class we'll come in early and sit in the front row and she'll talk to us or after class too.
- [00:01:13.838]It's awesome that Nebraska is part of the Big Ten family because it not only opens doors for us in sports,
- [00:01:20.018]but also academically there's just so many new fields that we can study and it's just really great.
- [00:01:25.579]Coming to college is just a great experience.
- [00:01:27.597]If you're looking to make a difference and make connections in the world, then this is a great place for you to be.
Log in to post comments