Not That Kind of Doctor - Preview
Preview of Not That Kind of Doctor - Ph.D. discussions with Nicholas Husbye and Guy Trainin.
www.youtube.com/@tltenotthatkindofdoctor and https://mediahub.unl.edu/channels/42980
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.499](bright music)
- [00:00:09.120]So I've told you about my grandmother, right,
- [00:00:11.400]and how, throughout her entire life,
- [00:00:13.440]she was very excited about the fact that I was the first
- [00:00:16.320]in my family to go to college,
- [00:00:17.940]I was the first in my family to go to grad school,
- [00:00:20.280]I was the first in my family to get a doctorate.
- [00:00:22.620]And every single time she'd introduce me, she would say,
- [00:00:26.947]"Oh, this is Nick.
- [00:00:28.530]This is my grandson.
- [00:00:30.540]He's a doctor."
- [00:00:32.430]Which would always make me feel very proud,
- [00:00:33.810]until she would get to the comma part, right,
- [00:00:37.140]the part that comes after that where she'd be, like,
- [00:00:38.917]"but don't get too excited, he's not that kind of doctor."
- [00:00:41.568](laughs) Yeah, and that's our show.
- [00:00:43.740]And that's our show.
- [00:00:45.240]Not That Kind of Doctor.
- [00:00:47.340]Right, how, what do you do with a PhD?
- [00:00:51.990]How do you navigate grad school?
- [00:00:53.430]How do you think about the job market?
- [00:00:55.440]What kind of jobs can you actually do?
- [00:00:58.170]So stick with us and we'll talk about how you become,
- [00:01:02.910]and what do you do, once you are not that kind of doctor.
- [00:01:07.380]Listen to the middle-aged white men.
- [00:01:10.299](bright music)
Log in to post comments