Respect (Aretha Franklin), Band Song/Hail Varsity!
Sep. 10, 2022, halftime performance of the Cornhusker Marching Band and Alumni (4 of 4)
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:05.488]Title IX had a profound effect on the
- [00:00:07.390]Cornhusker Marching Band as well.
- [00:00:09.472]Since its founding as military cadet band
- [00:00:12.055]in 1879, the band had been an all-male
- [00:00:15.539]organization up until the 1972 law.
- [00:00:19.006]That year, five women entered the ranks
- [00:00:21.656]of the Marching Red. Two of these women
- [00:00:24.022]are with us today. Nancy Ringer Gilpatrick
- [00:00:26.922]of Omaha and Lily Coniglio of Kansas City.
- [00:00:30.272]Please view the HuskerVision screen for
- [00:00:33.233]photos of Patrice Stubbendick Holmes
- [00:00:35.543]of Denver, and sisters Anne Wood Skjong
- [00:00:38.216]and Nancy Wood who currently reside in
- [00:00:40.540]Stavanger, Norway.
- [00:00:42.266]We close our show with the combined bands
- [00:00:44.489]performing Aretha Franklin's
- [00:00:46.389]signature song, Respect.
- [00:02:11.956]The 2022 Cornhusker Marching Band and
- [00:02:14.473]Alumni Band, the Pride of All Nebraska!
- [00:02:22.290]Hear the trumpets playin'
- [00:02:24.123]Hear the crowd a sayin'
- [00:02:25.722]NU Band is on parade!
- [00:02:28.723]Hear the trombones blowin'
- [00:02:30.406]Hear the drums a rollin'
- [00:02:31.874]NU Band is on parade.
- [00:02:34.840]Sound out, sound out,
- [00:02:36.390]sound out loud and clear.
- [00:02:37.956]Let the team all know the band is here.
- [00:02:41.007]Sons of ol' Nebraska,
- [00:02:42.591]if someone should ask ya,
- [00:02:44.206]we're the Scarlet and the Cream!
- [00:02:47.340]#Hail Varsity#
- [00:03:19.423]GO BIG RED!
- [00:03:20.933]GO BIG RED!
- [00:03:22.439]GO BIG RED!
- [00:03:23.949]GO BIG RED!
Log in to post comments