Kara Peightal shares her experience with Husker GROW
Kara Peightal shares how she's grown thanks to Husker GROW and her job with Intramural Sports.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.960]Through Husker GROW, I've definitely been able
- [00:00:03.600]to know my strengths a lot better,
- [00:00:07.200]get what I'm getting out of the job
- [00:00:09.240]and actually acknowledge what I'm getting out of the job
- [00:00:12.060]rather than going through the job, doing it,
- [00:00:14.640]and then going on further life
- [00:00:17.040]and not really knowing what I got out of it.
- [00:00:19.230]I work in intramurals, and with that,
- [00:00:22.890]problem solving comes a long way just in that
- [00:00:26.100]when I'm on the court every single time I come to work,
- [00:00:28.890]it's a new experience.
- [00:00:30.210]For me personally, I lacked confidence in the beginning.
- [00:00:33.540]I was very shy.
- [00:00:34.830]I didn't really wanna talk to anybody
- [00:00:36.810]that was giving me any hard times.
- [00:00:38.610]I really kinda avoided conflict at all costs.
- [00:00:41.520]But through this experience, I've been able to acknowledge
- [00:00:44.760]that I've improved and worked on my leadership,
- [00:00:48.930]my communications and just all-around conflict management
- [00:00:52.170]so that I can work with other peoples better.
Log in to post comments