CHIME | Freeze Dance – Run, Baby, Run
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.131](Uplifting music)
- [00:00:09.998]So I start with an activity of big body play with them,
- [00:00:13.550]like freeze dance.
- [00:00:14.521]So that they have a chance to move their bodies,
- [00:00:16.745]get their energy out.
- [00:00:17.930]And also practice that self regulation.
- [00:00:20.605]So when we say freeze, it's harder for toddlers
- [00:00:23.681]to really learn to stop
- [00:00:25.280]and regulate their bodies for a second.
- [00:00:27.549]So we start with that to help them practice that skill
- [00:00:29.709]and also to help them use their body
- [00:00:31.416]in a really physical way
- [00:00:32.779]to get ready for the next part of our lesson.
- [00:00:36.477]I'm gonna get our music going, Katherine, are you ready?
- [00:00:38.667]Remember when we run and move our bodies,
- [00:00:40.029]we're gonna stay on the leaf rug.
- [00:00:41.647]Do you see all those leaves around there?
- [00:00:44.462]You're gonna run around those leaves, and guess what?
- [00:00:46.403]I'm gonna run with you too.
- [00:00:49.115]Okay. Alright. You ready for your music? Is your body ready?
- [00:00:53.785]Gonna shake your body out. Get it ready.
- [00:00:56.376]Alright, here we go. Okay.
- [00:01:00.563]Alright. Ready? Let's go this way. Ishman, follow me.
- [00:01:02.762]♪ - [Recording] Run, baby, run ♪
This way. This way
- [00:01:04.533]♪ - [Recording] Run, run, run, run, run. ♪
- [00:01:05.949]Let's go, let's go. ♪ [Recording] Run, baby, run.
- [00:01:07.785]Come on. Here we go.
- [00:01:10.459]Here we go. Here we go.
- [00:01:12.613]Ready? (Molli gasps)
- [00:01:17.200]Keep your body still. Oh, you're doing a good job.
- [00:01:20.268]♪ - [Recording] And then you run, baby, run. ♪
- [00:01:22.907]Run. Here we go. Here we go. Here we go. Here we go.
- [00:01:25.583]Go go go go go. Go go go go go. I'll go with you.
- [00:01:30.889]Okay, here we go. Here we go. Here we go.
- [00:01:35.244]Oh, look at you guys go.
- [00:01:41.400]Oh my goodness.
- [00:01:44.082]All right, come over by me Ishman.
- [00:01:47.319](panting and sigh)
- [00:01:51.951]Good job, blue stems.
- [00:01:54.529][Uplifting Music]
Log in to post comments