Day in the Husker Life: Ashley
Join anthropology major Ashley for a day in her life as a Husker.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:06.406]Hi. My name is Ashley Novak.
- [00:00:08.475]I am a current junior
from Rockport, Connecticut.
- [00:00:12.312]I'm majoring in forensic
anthropology with minors
- [00:00:15.281]in English, global
studies, and political science.
- [00:00:18.651]Come follow me. As I go through my day,
I like to work out
- [00:00:22.889]getting back to started
and going to classes
- [00:00:27.660]usually pop out like half an hour
an hour at the gym.
- [00:00:31.931]I try. My favorite part of the day
was going to the campus rec center.
- [00:00:35.668]I actually love all my classes,
so I guess it is kind of fun.
- [00:00:38.304]Part of what I'm studying.
- [00:00:40.173]I'm on my way to the Adele
- [00:00:43.910]It's my shared place to study.
- [00:00:45.612]Plus it has the only Dunkin
- [00:00:47.814]And, you know, you
- [00:00:48.748]can take the girl of New England,
but you can't take the girl in.
- [00:00:51.818]New England does run on Dunkin.
- [00:00:53.553]So I'm on my way to get some Dunkies and,
- [00:00:56.790]you know, get some good quality
paper stuff. And hopefully.
- [00:01:00.460]I am picking up some extra shifts today.
- [00:01:04.831]I have this job work
for the Nebraska Foundation
- [00:01:09.369]RNL in the basement of the alumni center
I'm currently walking down. Oh, shoot.
- [00:01:14.607]It's like the big busy street
here in Lincoln.
- [00:01:17.343]I love supporting local businesses
and stuff, so I think it's great
- [00:01:21.648]to be downtown this
- [00:01:27.854]year, but not for building.
- [00:01:32.926]And there's a difference.
- [00:01:35.061]I lived in University
honors housing and freshman
- [00:01:40.200]and sophomore year west
side of University Suite.
- [00:01:44.604]You have pretty much Greek row right here
- [00:01:47.807]and then you have Cather behind it.
- [00:01:51.711]And the old honors building Neihardt.
- [00:01:54.614]You feel a lot of field
trips coming around.
- [00:01:57.350]I was really like walking by them first
because it's really cute.
- [00:02:01.187]It's like, oh, like
- [00:02:02.722]a college student.
- [00:02:03.857]You're like, Oh my God, a little kid.
- [00:02:06.626]And it just kind of makes my day better.
So let's talk about me.
- [00:02:10.163]I came in with majoring in project
focused forensics and political science.
- [00:02:16.503]Minor over the years is when I picked up
global studies and English.
- [00:02:20.840]I just kept on taking English courses
because I love English.
- [00:02:24.844]And then I realized I'm
just making a minor.
- [00:02:27.080]I'm halfway done.
So I spend a lot of my time.
- [00:02:30.316]I actually have a class
this semester in Andrew's Hall,
- [00:02:33.353]which is this big,
beautiful building right here.
- [00:02:36.789]I was a student.
- [00:02:38.291]My home you know, building is Oldfather
- [00:02:43.296]Hall, super tall.
- [00:02:46.566]I have to go into the academic
- [00:02:51.437]and career advising center.
- [00:02:53.573]I had to go fix some stuff up,
and that is located here in Oldfather.
- [00:02:57.777]I actually do have to make a meeting later
with a academic and career coach
- [00:03:03.583]just so I can make sure
that I can get my resume
- [00:03:07.020]and have those resume for applying
to grad schools over the summer.
- [00:03:10.790]Okay, so now I'm home after, you know,
- [00:03:13.193]getting some schoolwork done
and working a little bit.
- [00:03:16.729]And so what I like to do with my roommate
- [00:03:19.899]is we usually just sit here
and watch a movie and gets more papers
- [00:03:24.370]done and some readings and then off to bed
and start again tomorrow.
- [00:03:28.374]Thanks for following me.
Log in to post comments