Online Orientation Welcome - Transfer Students
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.523](upbeat music)
- [00:00:04.450]Hello, Huskers!
- [00:00:05.560]My name is Logan Newman.
- [00:00:06.940]I'm a current student here at UNL.
- [00:00:09.180]Congratulations on your start here at UNL.
- [00:00:12.130]I'm sure right now you are feeling many different emotions
- [00:00:14.770]as you're getting ready for this transition.
- [00:00:17.240]We know that for you college isn't a new adventure,
- [00:00:20.320]but a continuing one.
- [00:00:22.260]Everyone's transition to UNL is a little bit different,
- [00:00:25.380]but no matter where you are coming from,
- [00:00:27.380]we here at New Student Enrollment are here to support you.
- [00:00:30.950]That's why we've developed
- [00:00:32.050]this comprehensive online orientation.
- [00:00:36.120]This online orientation
- [00:00:37.550]is here to prepare you for your start at UNL.
- [00:00:40.490]While you may know how to be successful in college classes,
- [00:00:43.420]we wanna make sure you know all the resources
- [00:00:45.570]that are offered here.
- [00:00:47.000]While we would like for you to finish
- [00:00:48.630]the orientation within two weeks,
- [00:00:50.730]that doesn't mean that you can't come back
- [00:00:52.280]to these resources your first year at UNL.
- [00:00:55.060]You will have access to this content anytime.
- [00:00:57.770]All you have to do is log back onto Canvas.
- [00:01:00.910]Along with all the resources and information in this course,
- [00:01:03.890]we also have included the "student perspective."
- [00:01:06.580]Watch our videos on each page to hear from current students
- [00:01:10.350]about their experiences at UNL.
- [00:01:12.870]We also have a few things for you to keep in mind
- [00:01:15.460]as you work through this online orientation.
- [00:01:17.940]Because you have access to this content any time,
- [00:01:20.360]you can take breaks as you need to.
- [00:01:22.400]Don't feel like you need to finish it all in one sitting,
- [00:01:24.580]or that you need to try and remember
- [00:01:26.050]everything on each page.
- [00:01:27.650]It will always be here for you to come back to.
- [00:01:30.390]We have many students starting at UNL this semester
- [00:01:33.360]and each one has a different story
- [00:01:34.770]and is coming into this orientation
- [00:01:36.470]asking different questions.
- [00:01:38.150]While there is a lot of information in this orientation
- [00:01:40.510]that will apply to you,
- [00:01:41.820]there may be some that doesn't, and that's okay.
- [00:01:44.530]Feel free to skip to the next page.
- [00:01:46.620]Lastly, NSE is here for you as a resource.
- [00:01:49.560]If you still have questions
- [00:01:50.680]after you finish this orientation, please reach out to us.
- [00:01:54.240]We would be happy to help.
- [00:01:56.370]That's all you need to know to get started.
- [00:01:58.620]Now, dive on in!
Log in to post comments