Online Orientation Welcome for Parents and Families
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.813](light music)
- [00:00:04.020]Hello, Huskers.
- [00:00:05.570]My name is Luke, and I'm a current student at UNL.
- [00:00:08.470]Congratulations on the beginning
- [00:00:10.020]of your student's college career here at UNL.
- [00:00:12.200]I'm sure you're feeling so many different emotions
- [00:00:14.590]as you get ready to send your student off to college.
- [00:00:16.860]Now, when I was starting college,
- [00:00:18.100]I was incredibly excited to dive into a new chapter,
- [00:00:20.760]but I was also just as nervous.
- [00:00:23.300]Everyone's transition to college is a little different,
- [00:00:25.470]but no matter where your student is at in that process,
- [00:00:28.230]we at New Student Enrollment are here to support you.
- [00:00:30.960]That's why we've developed this comprehensive
- [00:00:32.920]online orientation just for you.
- [00:00:35.500]Here are a few reasons why we think
- [00:00:37.400]this online orientation is helpful.
- [00:00:40.230]This online orientation is here to prepare you
- [00:00:42.160]for your student's start at UNL.
- [00:00:44.120]Whether they've taken some college courses before,
- [00:00:46.180]or are coming straight from high school,
- [00:00:47.610]there's a lot of information in here
- [00:00:48.900]to help you in that transition.
- [00:00:50.700]You can come back to these resources at any time.
- [00:00:53.040]You'll always have access to this content
- [00:00:54.810]and all you have to do to get back to it
- [00:00:56.640]is log back into Canvas.
- [00:00:58.423]Along with all the resources and information in this course,
- [00:01:01.190]we have also included the student perspective.
- [00:01:03.620]Watch our videos on each page to hear from a current student
- [00:01:06.330]about their experiences at UNL.
- [00:01:08.910]We also have a few things for you to keep in mind
- [00:01:10.820]as you work through this online orientation.
- [00:01:13.340]Because you have access to this content at any time,
- [00:01:15.640]you can take breaks as you need to.
- [00:01:17.290]Don't feel like you need to finish at all in one sitting
- [00:01:19.090]or that you need to try and remember everything
- [00:01:20.610]on each page.
- [00:01:21.530]It'll always be here for you to come back to.
- [00:01:24.090]We have many students starting at UNL this semester
- [00:01:26.580]and each one has a different story
- [00:01:28.210]and is coming into this experience
- [00:01:29.660]asking different questions.
- [00:01:31.250]While there's a lot of information
- [00:01:32.470]in this orientation that will apply to you,
- [00:01:34.410]there may be some that doesn't and that's okay.
- [00:01:36.353]Feel free to skip to the next page.
- [00:01:38.810]Lastly, NSE is here for you as a resource.
- [00:01:41.720]If you still have questions
- [00:01:42.690]after you finish this orientation,
- [00:01:44.270]please reach out to us.
- [00:01:45.190]We'd be happy to help.
- [00:01:47.100]That's all you need to know to get started.
- [00:01:48.840]Now, dive in.
Log in to post comments