N2025 Conversations | Aim 4: Forward Together Global Strategy
Josh Davis, associate vice chancellor for global affairs, describes the Forward Together global strategy and how it ties into Aim 4 of the N2025 Strategic Plan: Broaden Nebraska's Engagement.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:05.340]The engagement aim of N 20, 25
really has called on us to do more,
- [00:00:09.750]to bring the world to Nebraska
and Nebraska to the world.
- [00:00:13.710]We have taken this charge seriously and
have developed a global strategy called
- [00:00:17.670]forward together to really
help make this happen.
- [00:00:21.330]We've been working to redefine what a
global experience is for our students,
- [00:00:25.860]really what global
engagement means to them.
- [00:00:28.680]And we're doing that by increasing
the number of opportunities for global
- [00:00:31.830]experiences on our campus and our
community and virtually as well.
- [00:00:37.710]The forward together strategy puts
international partnerships really at the
- [00:00:41.430]center of everything that we do.
- [00:00:43.530]We've worked very hard over the
last few years to maintain existing
- [00:00:47.040]international partnerships
across Asia Sub-Saharan Africa,
- [00:00:51.120]and really all around the world.
- [00:00:53.100]But now as hopefully travel
becomes a little bit easier.
- [00:00:56.190]We really need to get out
there to energize some of
these relationships and to
- [00:00:59.850]create some new ones as well.
- [00:01:03.060]In order to really expand
our global engagement,
- [00:01:05.700]we have to also do better to recruit
the best and brightest from around the
- [00:01:09.030]world. And that means our
faculty, staff, students,
- [00:01:13.140]and scholars as well, and
not just recruit them,
- [00:01:16.140]but invest in supporting them and
retaining them, uh, to keep them at UNL.
- [00:01:24.030]building a culture of global engagement
and really weaving it throughout our
- [00:01:27.870]mission areas requires the
people, the operations,
- [00:01:31.560]the infrastructure to really do it well
over the last year with support from a
- [00:01:36.150]donor, we've been renovating pound hall
to create a global education center.
- [00:01:41.220]This center will be completed
by the end of the year,
- [00:01:43.680]and it really will anchor our
global engagement for years to come.
- [00:01:47.160]And it'll allow us to better
serve the students, faculty,
- [00:01:50.610]and staff on our community.
Log in to post comments