Spotlight: IANR & Libraries Culture of Collaboration
Deans from IANR's Ag Research Division and University Libraries describe how they are fulfilling N2025 Aim 3: Interdisciplinary Endeavors to Solve Critical Challenges.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.563](upbeat music)
- [00:00:04.530]But I wanted to say a little bit about culture.
- [00:00:07.813]There's a unique
- [00:00:09.590]and a real collaborative spirit here at UNL.
- [00:00:12.880]And I think it's likely unmatched anywhere else.
- [00:00:16.950]And that certainly extends to and helps to drive our impacts
- [00:00:22.840]for research and creative activities.
- [00:00:25.950]And that collaborative spirit is coupled
- [00:00:29.470]with a desire by those doing even the most fundamental work,
- [00:00:34.440]to see the value of their work realize,
- [00:00:38.990]and ultimately to see positive impacts
- [00:00:41.890]with stakeholders and constituents.
- [00:00:44.830]And so that drive then, that desire drives the search
- [00:00:51.460]for collaborations across discipline,
- [00:00:54.377]across fundamental, translational and applied research
- [00:00:59.800]and with partners from outside the university,
- [00:01:03.410]and that collaborative spirit is contagious.
- [00:01:08.390]And it's tangible.
- [00:01:10.180]I know I've seen it grow
- [00:01:11.660]among our faculty over the last 10 years.
- [00:01:14.450]And I hear about it from candidates who we interview.
- [00:01:18.490]I had this experience yesterday,
- [00:01:20.434]that they say they observe this.
- [00:01:23.770]Sometimes they come to us because they've heard about it.
- [00:01:28.460]And so I think we have this really unique base
- [00:01:31.840]to build from, and to foster
- [00:01:34.500]with some of the things already mentioned today
- [00:01:36.940]as we recruit and we develop faculty,
- [00:01:39.970]and that this will continue to differentiate us
- [00:01:43.474]and grow our research impacts.
- [00:01:46.830]The libraries are really an essential partner
- [00:01:49.410]in research and creative activity at every level
- [00:01:52.570]and in every discipline across the university.
- [00:01:54.980]So we are seizing this moment to really think
- [00:01:57.930]about what that means
- [00:01:59.610]and what are the information problems that exist
- [00:02:02.360]in all of these research and creative endeavors.
- [00:02:06.640]So we're really building on our enduring role to develop
- [00:02:09.870]and expand the knowledge systems that undergird all of this.
- [00:02:13.770]So it's not just library collections
- [00:02:15.490]and the technology systems that we run,
- [00:02:18.600]not just equipment and funding,
- [00:02:20.220]but really people and expertise.
- [00:02:22.046](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments