UNL-Open Nebraska, Steve Booton-University Registrar
Steve Booton, University Registrar, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.280]Hi. I'm Steve Booton I'm the university
registrar at the Lincoln Campus.
- [00:00:05.240]And we have also been working
on the affordable content
- [00:00:09.160]and we have a faculty guide for affordable
content out here under Pressbooks
- [00:00:13.600]dot Nebraska dot edu slash
back to the affordable content.
- [00:00:17.360]And if you scroll down on this page,
you can go ahead and you can see
- [00:00:21.320]a lot of really good information
about how to order
- [00:00:25.480]your affordable content
- [00:00:27.280]class materials for your semester.
- [00:00:30.640]So if you are doing OER
and you can go into the Unizin
- [00:00:34.920]Engage program and it walks you through
how to go ahead do your ordering
- [00:00:39.240]and the options
that you have underneath there.
- [00:00:42.320]If you're working with Follett
and do a low cost materials,
- [00:00:45.600]you go to the Follett access program
and you walk through your instructions.
- [00:00:48.480]That'll teach you how to do that as well.
- [00:00:50.960]So we also
then and the office of the university
- [00:00:54.720]registrar, we will get information from
- [00:01:01.040]Brad Severa under,
the Unizin Engage program or information
- [00:01:05.040]straight from Follett
so that we understand what courses to flag
- [00:01:09.360]with in MyRed for students
when they're searching.
- [00:01:12.320]And so when a student goes into MyRed
to search for classes,
- [00:01:15.080]they can scroll down,
they see Open Nebraska,
- [00:01:17.320]they can select one of the options
here, I've got low cost e-book option.
- [00:01:21.720]There's also a way to say
if you want to match any all or none
- [00:01:25.160]for students and if they do a search
it'll pull up those classes that it finds.
- [00:01:30.400]We have similar capability
enrollment scheduler, which I don't
- [00:01:33.120]have at the moment to show you.
- [00:01:34.160]But the other thing that we do
for students is that we
- [00:01:39.240]also send them an email
that lets them know
- [00:01:42.400]exactly what if they are using the low
- [00:01:45.680]It'll tell them exactly what that cost is,
what their classes are.
- [00:01:50.080]Students will also see that on their
bill, so they'll see it here as well.
- [00:01:57.440]That's inclusive access materials
if we're using the low cost materials.
- [00:02:01.280]So last semester we had
- [00:02:04.920]over 10,000 or 11,000 students
- [00:02:07.440]that had at least one class
using low cost or free materials.
- [00:02:12.000]And so we look forward to continuing
with success of this program.
Log in to post comments