From the Page to the Stage: Making a Scene
It's a creative and logistical challenge to build sets for "The Way to the Way."
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.392](soft intro music)
- [00:00:14.680]So this is our scene shop.
- [00:00:15.960]And we are in the beginning phases
- [00:00:18.995]of building the show, The Way to the Way.
- [00:00:26.060]So the designer does their magic.
- [00:00:28.430]Their job is to create the vision,
- [00:00:30.230]what it's supposed to look like,
- [00:00:31.370]dream up all the beautiful things that you're gonna see.
- [00:00:33.610]And then our job is to make it actually come to life.
- [00:00:36.530]Like, make it three dimensional and put it on stage.
- [00:00:39.265]It's not just that you hand it off and you're done.
- [00:00:41.460]It's an ongoing conversation
- [00:00:42.614]between the technical director and the designer
- [00:00:45.230]to make sure that what the director wants
- [00:00:48.472]is what the designer is getting from us.
- [00:00:52.955]And so it's just that continual,
- [00:00:56.000]that continual effort there.
- [00:00:57.660]18, okay, so.
- [00:00:58.960]Which one is on 18?
- [00:00:59.811][Person Off-Camera] The black out.
- [00:01:01.710]It's the process of learning
- [00:01:03.000]how to communicate on all fronts,
- [00:01:05.279]both verbally with everybody, with my team,
- [00:01:07.439]with the designers, as well as communicating on paper.
- [00:01:11.550]The scrim should be on 15.
- [00:01:13.840]I think throughout this is just truly realizing
- [00:01:16.030]how collaborative the process is,
- [00:01:18.170]and what my position in it looks like.
- [00:01:20.300]And learning how to be effective in my job
- [00:01:23.390]so that everybody else is equally effective in their job.
Log in to post comments