Master of Engineering Management (MEM): Collin Humphrey
Testimonial from 2022 MEM Graduate Collin Humphrey.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.450]Hi, I'm Collin Humphrey.
- [00:00:03.340]I am the R&D supervisor here
- [00:00:05.550]at Norland International in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- [00:00:09.050]I will have completed the MEM program in May of 2022.
- [00:00:14.690]It opened up career opportunities
- [00:00:16.580]for me including the current job I have here
- [00:00:19.240]at Norland, and got me my first supervisory role,
- [00:00:23.630]and I am not even completed in the program yet.
- [00:00:28.490]It also made me overall a better engineer,
- [00:00:30.936]and it provided opportunities for mentorship.
- [00:00:33.600]Particularly, I want to sort of shout out Dr. Neil Lewis,
- [00:00:37.570]who was a engineering manager in the field
- [00:00:41.650]for many years, 20 plus years.
- [00:00:43.570]And he was able to provide me with one on one mentorship
- [00:00:48.660]around making some career decisions and things like that.
- [00:00:53.300]I highly value, personally, being able to learn
- [00:00:56.420]from people who have been successful in an industry
- [00:00:58.600]and not just in academia.
- [00:01:00.570]In this particular program, there are are many professors
- [00:01:05.492]who come from that world not just from academia.
- [00:01:08.130]And that's one of the strengths of the program
- [00:01:10.140]in my opinion.
- [00:01:11.470]I would highly recommend it to anyone else,
- [00:01:13.370]particularly young engineers looking to buff their resume
- [00:01:16.810]with something that would give them an opportunity
- [00:01:21.220]to break into management.
- [00:01:23.320]I highly recommend the program.
- [00:01:25.350]And they've done a lot of good things
- [00:01:26.370]for my professional development,
- [00:01:28.680]not just as a manager,
- [00:01:29.513]but also as a well rounded engineer.
Log in to post comments