Masters of Engineering Management (MEM): Informational Video
Information about the Masters of Engineering Management (MEM) program at the University of Nebraska.
You can learn more at mem.unl.edu.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.851](upbeat music)
- [00:00:07.060]I really truly believe that
- [00:00:09.280]there is a place for working individuals
- [00:00:13.450]who want to work full time and support their families,
- [00:00:17.130]to also pursue their dream,
- [00:00:19.810]their educational dreams, master's degree, graduate degree.
- [00:00:23.980]So that they can advance themselves, not only personally,
- [00:00:27.370]but also help their companies to be lean, mean, agile,
- [00:00:32.790]and competitive in a global economy that we live in.
- [00:00:36.251](upbeat music)
- [00:00:37.230]Halfway through this program,
- [00:00:38.650]I was promoted to an engineering supervisor.
- [00:00:43.470]I think my company saw the value I brought in,
- [00:00:46.890]and I got promoted to a leadership position
- [00:00:49.770]in my organization.
- [00:00:50.870]So I would definitely recommend this program,
- [00:00:53.296]it caters well to your engineering,
- [00:00:56.210]as well as business needs.
- [00:00:58.000]It provides you with in-depth understanding
- [00:01:00.030]of the both worlds, so I would recommend it.
- [00:01:03.072](upbeat music)
- [00:01:03.905]The approximate funding of the entire program
- [00:01:07.060]on the UNL website, it states that at $650 a unit,
- [00:01:10.770]and it doesn't vary for out-of-state residents,
- [00:01:13.150]which is extremely, I guess, generous.
- [00:01:15.680]Because in the State of California,
- [00:01:18.170]most institutions rack up their out of state student prices.
- [00:01:22.620]So, UNL being able to offer the same program,
- [00:01:26.240]at the same cost, that they do their own state citizens
- [00:01:29.560]was definitely important.
- [00:01:30.864](upbeat music)
- [00:01:31.697]MEM at UNL is different from its competitors.
- [00:01:34.320]I believe in that person to person connection
- [00:01:37.950]that we make at the very beginning,
- [00:01:39.690]starting with inquiry all the way through graduation.
- [00:01:42.150]We recognize that our students are working professionals
- [00:01:44.840]and that they live all across the United States.
- [00:01:48.260]And so we try to be accessible and to really build
- [00:01:52.690]those personal connections with our students.
- [00:01:55.200]We really believe in our motto of every interaction matters.
- [00:01:59.200]For a student who's unsure, I strongly believe that
- [00:02:03.340]any investment of time or financial resources
- [00:02:06.790]in an advanced education,
- [00:02:08.570]is an investment in your future.
- [00:02:10.340]And so whether you're a student
- [00:02:11.950]who absolutely knows what your future career goals are,
- [00:02:15.130]or if you're someone who's still trying to figure it out,
- [00:02:17.780]I believe that an MEM degree
- [00:02:20.670]will help propel your career forward.
- [00:02:23.208](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments