Master of Engineering Management (MEM): Emily Klimisch
Testimonial from 2022 MEM Graduate Emily Klimisch.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.513](soft music)
- [00:00:05.150]I heard about
- [00:00:06.300]the Masters of Engineering program at Nebraska,
- [00:00:09.080]from a feeler email that went out
- [00:00:11.370]to Nebraska engineering alumni,
- [00:00:14.370]asking about interest in an MEM program.
- [00:00:17.900]Offered a Zoom session to help introduce the program,
- [00:00:20.670]answer questions, and after being on that call,
- [00:00:24.050]was really interested in my professional development
- [00:00:27.070]in this capacity.
- [00:00:28.130]I specifically chose the Nebraska MEM program
- [00:00:31.470]over some of the other types of programs on the market,
- [00:00:34.370]primarily because of the way
- [00:00:36.010]that it interacts with my current role.
- [00:00:38.920]I work for a healthcare informatics company
- [00:00:42.400]and don't do all of the technical engineering stuff
- [00:00:46.750]that my undergraduate degree was designed for,
- [00:00:50.140]but leverage a lot of the problem solving type skill sets
- [00:00:54.320]in my role, day to day.
- [00:00:56.290]I had looked at other MEM programs.
- [00:00:59.510]Many of them are a lot more expensive,
- [00:01:01.960]and being able to provide value for the money
- [00:01:05.550]that I was investing in my professional development,
- [00:01:08.240]was important to me.
- [00:01:09.700]Nebraska offers an asynchronous program,
- [00:01:12.500]so being able to not have to call into a class
- [00:01:16.920]at a specific set hour, and be able to, within a given week,
- [00:01:20.960]make that work for me with my job, my career,
- [00:01:23.860]were really important to me.
- [00:01:25.270]Overall, I would recommend
- [00:01:27.980]embracing the Nebraska MEM program.
- [00:01:30.380]It is something that, regardless of the amount of time,
- [00:01:34.530]effort that you're putting in,
- [00:01:35.770]it's something that has already paid back.
- [00:01:38.570]I'm four out of 10 classes through
- [00:01:41.270]and feel like it's already been a beneficial experience
- [00:01:44.570]and has been able to translate into my work, day to day,
- [00:01:49.000]even outside of the direct engineering sort of capacities.
- [00:01:53.450]So, it is something that I think
- [00:01:55.570]would provide value to anyone,
- [00:01:57.680]regardless of their background.
- [00:01:59.607](soft music)
Log in to post comments