The Experience Lab
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.090](light upbeat music)
- [00:00:00.923]At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- [00:00:02.270]College of Journalism and Mass Communications,
- [00:00:04.730]our students do from day one.
- [00:00:07.150]Our new college wide Experience Labs
- [00:00:09.280]provides students with opportunities
- [00:00:11.010]to engage in their profession
- [00:00:12.690]from their very first day on campus.
- [00:00:15.190]Each student-led Experience Lab
- [00:00:17.260]is supported by a faculty liaison,
- [00:00:19.570]an industry professionals working alongside students,
- [00:00:22.980]providing subject matter expertise,
- [00:00:25.530]guidance and feedback within their respective career paths,
- [00:00:28.960]and strategy for the students to develop.
- [00:00:31.600]The Experience Labs include Nebraska News Service,
- [00:00:34.490]a statewide wire service,
- [00:00:36.687]"Nebraska Nightly", a broadcast news show,
- [00:00:39.640]90.3 KRNU, our campus radio station,
- [00:00:43.730]Unlimited Sports, a Nebraska sports reporting
- [00:00:46.250]and broadcasting center,
- [00:00:48.219]Jacht, a full service, student run advertising
- [00:00:50.830]and PR agency,
- [00:00:52.570]Buoy, a mission driven advertising and PR agency
- [00:00:55.560]for nonprofits,
- [00:00:56.960]and Heartland Webzine,
- [00:00:58.530]an online magazine for Nebraska
- [00:01:00.930]focused on the economic and community development
- [00:01:03.550]of the state and beyond.
- [00:01:05.680]We're also creating new spaces
- [00:01:07.300]for these incredible learning opportunities.
- [00:01:09.640]The third floor of the Lincoln Children's Museum,
- [00:01:12.350]right across from Anderson Hall,
- [00:01:14.340]now houses the agency Experience Lab.
- [00:01:17.090]With over 13,000 square feet of space,
- [00:01:19.950]the agency provides an opportunity for students
- [00:01:22.290]to explore their creative passions
- [00:01:24.350]in a real world setting.
- [00:01:26.340]Here in Anderson Hall,
- [00:01:28.050]we are adding new space for the Unlimited Sports hub
- [00:01:31.010]and building a brand new integrated studio and newsroom
- [00:01:34.280]to clearly bridge print to digital to broadcast and back.
- [00:01:38.310]Here, students will be building their careers
- [00:01:40.820]while creating unique content
- [00:01:42.670]for and about Nebraska.
- [00:01:45.100]This is just the beginning of a new chapter
- [00:01:47.460]in journalism and mass communications
- [00:01:49.070]for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln,
- [00:01:51.030]and we can't wait for you to see what's next.
Log in to post comments