The Little Sugar Thief
By Wevyn Muganda, Kenya. Johnny was a little boy who loved to eat sugar. One day, when his parents leave home and tell him not to eat more sugar, Johnny learns why it’s bad to lie.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:08.520]Hello, and welcome to a
- [00:00:11.300]story for today.
- [00:00:13.250]My name is Wevyn Muganda and I come from Kenya.
- [00:00:17.720]I will tell you a story
that was told to me.
- [00:00:21.590]when I was very young. Once upon a time,
- [00:00:26.180]there was a boy and the
boy's name was Johnny.
- [00:00:30.710]Johnny was a good boy and
his parents really loved him.
- [00:00:35.330]And everyone loved him and
Johnny was a happy boy,
- [00:00:39.620]but there was one small problem. Hmm.
- [00:00:45.560]Johnny loves to steal sugar.
- [00:00:49.100]Johnny's mom told Johnny, "do not steal any
- [00:00:53.570]sugar from the kitchen".
And Johnny said, "yes, mom,
- [00:00:58.040]I hear you and I will not
steal any sugar again".
- [00:01:02.360]And Johnny's Papa told Johnny,
Johnny, "please don't steal sugar.
- [00:01:07.490]Please listen to your mom
and be a respectful boy".
- [00:01:12.710]And Johnny said, "yes,
I will be a good boy."
- [00:01:16.550]So one day,
- [00:01:19.100]Johnny's parents had gone to work when
they went to work in the morning,
- [00:01:24.140]Johnny was not going to school
because it was summer and people don't
- [00:01:29.030]go to school during summer.
- [00:01:31.130]So Johnny was home and he
was playing and he was watching
- [00:01:35.690]TV and he was so happy.
- [00:01:39.440]But something came to Johnny's
mind. Can you guess what that is?
- [00:01:43.880]Johnny thought,
- [00:01:47.180]"but my parents are not around,
- [00:01:49.820]so I will just take a little sugar and I will
- [00:01:54.620]just taste it a little and they will not know".
- [00:01:58.970]So that is what Johnny planned to do.
- [00:02:01.940]And he went to the kitchen.
- [00:02:05.000]Johnny is very short and
small, just like you.
- [00:02:09.200]So for him to get to the kitchen cabinet,
- [00:02:12.380]he has to climb up something
and get to the sugar.
- [00:02:16.910]Johnny's mom and dad had
put the sugar up high,
- [00:02:21.770]so that Johnny cannot reach it.
But Johnny was a smart, smart boy.
- [00:02:27.230]So Johnny took something and he stood
on it and he reached for the jar
- [00:02:32.210]and he took some sugar with his
hands and licked it. And he said,
- [00:02:36.890]"mommy and daddy will not know".
- [00:02:39.020]But in the evening when
his parents came home,
- [00:02:42.980]Johnny was having a cough because
he kept going to the kitchen
- [00:02:47.990]and taking sugar and taking
and taking and taking.
- [00:02:53.090]And his tongue became so obvious that he
- [00:02:57.950]had eaten some sugar and he started
having some small pain in his
- [00:03:02.950]throat. So he told his
mama, "mommy, I feel,
- [00:03:07.780]I don't feel well. I feel like my
throat is painful". And mommy asked,
- [00:03:12.480]"what did you do?" And he said,
"nothing. I was just watching TV".
- [00:03:17.440]But mommy knew that Johnny was
lying because Johnny was healthy
- [00:03:21.880]When she went to work and
Johnny's dad asked Johnny,
- [00:03:26.710]"Johnny, what did you do?
When we left?" He said,
- [00:03:30.760]"I was watching TV and that's it".
- [00:03:35.230]But Johnny was lying because
he did eat the sugar. So Johnny's,
- [00:03:39.370]dad asked him, "Johnny,
Johnny". And he said,
- [00:03:43.990]"yes, papa?" "Eating sugar?"
- [00:03:48.700]He said, "no, Papa". And his dad asked,
- [00:03:52.990]"can you open your mouth?"
And Johnny was like,
- [00:03:58.980]"Mmmh-mmh-mhhh" Why? Because his mouth could
tell that he had sugar.
- [00:04:03.790]And that is how his parents
knew that Johnny was lying.
- [00:04:07.690]So Johnny was told, do not lie
Again. Sugar is bad for you.
- [00:04:12.880]And you can only do and
take what you are given
- [00:04:18.100]at home. So do not steal sugar,
- [00:04:22.030]do not steal anything and
do not lie to your parents
- [00:04:26.830]because your parents
always know everything.
- [00:04:31.300]Don't be like Johnny be a good boy,
- [00:04:35.590]a good girl, a good child.
- [00:04:39.220]I hope you liked my story. Bye!
Log in to post comments