Chancellor Green: Welcome to Campus
Chancellor Ronnie Green welcomes the Husker community back for the fall semester 2021.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:03.210]To our students, our faculty and our staff, welcome to our
- [00:00:07.140]fall 2021 semester at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- [00:00:11.820]A lot has happened over the last year and a half.
- [00:00:14.700]And while we were able to be largely in person last year, it
- [00:00:18.810]may be your first time back on our campus in a while. And
- [00:00:22.920]that's certainly true for our first time new students.
- [00:00:27.240]I can't tell you how heartwarming it is to see the campus
- [00:00:30.780]beginning to buzz with activity.
- [00:00:33.900]We are absolutely committed to ensuring your ability to
- [00:00:37.740]enjoy an in-person educational experience, and we are also
- [00:00:41.640]committed to doing so safely.
- [00:00:44.890]I'm so proud of how our community has worked together with
- [00:00:48.640]grace and with respect to manage our way through this
- [00:00:54.080]That continues to be so important as we navigate the changes
- [00:00:58.250]made necessary by the Delta variant.
- [00:01:01.310]Thank you and keep it up.
- [00:01:04.370]You've heard me say this before. And as a scientist, I can't
- [00:01:08.210]repeat it often enough.
- [00:01:10.100]The most effective way to protect yourself and others
- [00:01:13.310]against COVID-19 is to get vaccinated.
- [00:01:17.450]Vaccines are safe and effective.
- [00:01:20.600]We're having two clinics on our campuses this week.
- [00:01:23.960]And students, faculty and staff can go to the University
- [00:01:26.930]Health Center at any time to receive a vaccine.
- [00:01:31.190]Keep your facemask handy this semester, there may be classes
- [00:01:35.300]or events where it is required.
- [00:01:38.090]If you're not yet vaccinated, it's very important that you
- [00:01:41.930]wear one.
- [00:01:43.310]And even if you're already vaccinated, given the Delta
- [00:01:46.430]variant, it's always smart to wear one indoors.
- [00:01:50.600]We all hoped that this semester would provide a return to
- [00:01:53.660]normal, to our ability to attend class to enjoy each other
- [00:01:58.250]and to celebrate all of the wonderful things about being a
- [00:02:01.340]Husker without the restrictions of the last 18 months.
- [00:02:06.680]But COVID continues to be unpredictable, and the Delta
- [00:02:10.460]variant has thrown us all a curve.
- [00:02:13.610]By staying vigilant, we can and we will have an amazing
- [00:02:17.780]semester ahead.
- [00:02:19.690]Full of learning in our classrooms and our studios, full of
- [00:02:22.960]engaging with each other and full of celebration.
- [00:02:26.990]Stay smart, stay safe, and have fun.
- [00:02:31.640]We can and will do big things together at UNL this semester.
- [00:02:36.140]Go Big Red!
Log in to post comments