What Not To Do
What Not To Do, Field Day, June 2021
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.332](crescendo music)
- [00:00:02.090](gentle upbeat music)
- [00:00:06.330]Hi, this is Raman Kaur.
- [00:00:08.450]I am a PhD student at University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- [00:00:12.160]I'm working under the Dr. Amit Jhala,
- [00:00:15.270]and here, we are mostly thinking about what to do,
- [00:00:19.070]but I'm going to discuss about what not to do.
- [00:00:22.520]So when there is a number of traits of soybeans
- [00:00:24.990]are available in the market,
- [00:00:26.730]so mostly farmers are confusing which trait is resistant
- [00:00:30.520]to the provide the resistance
- [00:00:31.820]to which type of the herbicide.
- [00:00:34.940]In this plot, we've planted Roundup Ready 2 Xtend Soybeans.
- [00:00:39.840]in this plot, which is provide,
- [00:00:42.563]are resistant to dicamba and glyphosate.
- [00:00:45.940]And we also purposely applied in this treatment Enlist too,
- [00:00:50.830]That is 2,4-D choline.
- [00:00:52.540]So the idea of applying Enlist one in Xtend Soybean
- [00:00:57.250]is just to give the scenario what not to do.
- [00:01:01.380]These are the symptoms of 2,4-D choline in Xtend Soybean.
- [00:01:06.460]So these are the leaf curling and these withering of leaves
- [00:01:11.440]so that, this type of the soybean
- [00:01:14.400]is not awfully resistant to the 2,4-D choline.
- [00:01:18.130]So it - it should be take care for the application of
- [00:01:21.370]post-emergence herbicide in these type of soybeans.
- [00:01:25.060]So vice versa don't apply that XtendiMax in Enlist Soybean.
- [00:01:30.160]For more information, you can go for the
- [00:01:32.420]our new extension publication Factors to Consider when
- [00:01:36.560]Multiple Herbicide-Resistant Soybean Coexist.
Log in to post comments