Kiewit Hall Groundbreaking
University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Engineering celebrates the start of construction on Kiewit Hall.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:09.360]It is a big day for us at the University of Nebraska.
- [00:00:13.340]It's a big day for the State of Nebraska.
- [00:00:15.620]It's a big day for the field of engineering.
- [00:00:18.660]As we turned ground here on
- [00:00:21.850]the largest academic facilities project
- [00:00:24.960]in the 152 year history
- [00:00:27.740]of the University of Nebraska.
- [00:00:36.100]This is really a culmination of a really statewide
- [00:00:40.110]partnership involving the president's office.
- [00:00:43.630]President Carter has been a big supporter of the college.
- [00:00:45.980]The chancellor's office, the Board of Regents,
- [00:00:49.030]of course, the Nebraska business
- [00:00:50.720]and philanthropic communities.
- [00:00:52.520]And I can tell you as someone
- [00:00:53.520]who's spent my career at this university,
- [00:00:55.190]how gratifying it is to see that kind of investment
- [00:00:57.650]in the College of Engineering.
- [00:00:59.956](audience laughing)
- [00:01:02.610]The University of Nebraska has been
- [00:01:04.320]incredibly important to us.
- [00:01:06.670]And when this opportunity came along
- [00:01:09.020]to really build this world-class facility,
- [00:01:11.560]it was a unanimous vote at our Board of Directors meetings
- [00:01:14.490]to do this donation and see this world-class facility done.
- [00:01:19.800]We are incredibly grateful to our donors
- [00:01:21.640]for taking a chance on our students and their passions,
- [00:01:24.250]and providing us with the means to grow as a college,
- [00:01:27.030]and as a student body.
- [00:01:29.110]Needless to say we're extraordinarily honored
- [00:01:31.040]to be selected to join the college,
- [00:01:32.500]and designing this very important initiative for the
- [00:01:34.520]University of Nebraska.
- [00:01:35.980]So our 85th year of partnering with the university
- [00:01:39.090]and growing relationships
- [00:01:41.360]that enable the university to
- [00:01:42.930]change lives and save lives.
- [00:01:44.570]And if you look at what's going to happen here
- [00:01:46.700]with Kiewit Hall,
- [00:01:48.200]clearly this project,
- [00:01:49.670]and all that happens within it,
- [00:01:51.620]is going to have a transformative effect on many lives.
Log in to post comments