Handshake - Students
Learn how to find volunteer opportunities on Handshake.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.180]Today on Handshake,
- [00:00:01.440]we'll do a quick walkthrough for how
you can locate volunteer opportunities
- [00:00:04.860]right here in Lincoln, Nebraska. First,
- [00:00:07.530]we will show you how to log
into the Handshake platform,
- [00:00:10.380]and then we'll show you how to
utilize the platform to locate local
- [00:00:15.470]Your first step is to navigate the
UNL Handshake homepage. To do this,
- [00:00:19.950]you can either visit UNL Career Center
website and click on Handshake button,
- [00:00:25.080]or you can go visit Google and
type in, "UNL Handshake."
- [00:00:30.450]After clicking on the button,
- [00:00:31.830]you'll be asked to log in using your UNL
credentials, and following successful
- [00:00:36.450]login, you'll be directed to
your UNL Handshake profile page,
- [00:00:40.200]where you can start looking up opportunities,
- [00:00:42.540]whether they're career-related
or volunteer related. In
order to find volunteer
- [00:00:47.010]opportunities on the platform,
- [00:00:48.630]make sure to click on the
"jobs" button in the corner,
- [00:00:51.600]then click on all filters tab and
select volunteers. Following this,
- [00:00:55.860]you will see a list of all
the opportunities available
and you can narrow your
- [00:00:59.670]search even further by selecting
specific location in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- [00:01:06.390]Once you find a volunteer
opportunity that works for you,
- [00:01:09.330]simply click on the apply button to sign
up. After signing up a member of that
- [00:01:13.260]nonprofit will reach out
to you with more details.
- [00:01:16.830]We thank you for volunteering. Thank you
for helping this community. Go big red!
Log in to post comments