Bioinformatics Core Virtual Tour Video
Virtual tour of the UNL Bioinformatics Core Research Facility. The Bioinformatics Core offers education, analysis, and computational services in the area of bioinformatics and computational biology.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.201](upbeat music)
- [00:00:07.990]- My name is Jean-Jack Riethoven
- [00:00:09.410]and I'm the director of the
Nebraska Biotechnology Center,
- [00:00:12.380]Bioinformatics Core Facility.
- [00:00:14.600]Our mission is to provide
faculty, staff and students
- [00:00:17.349]at the University of
Nebraska with expertise
- [00:00:20.069]and comprehensive analysis
for large and small data sets.
- [00:00:24.050]We also serve academics
- [00:00:25.400]outside of the Nebraska University system
- [00:00:28.290]as well as private industry.
- [00:00:31.120]- We offer routine services
that can be completed
- [00:00:34.180]relative short timelines,
and for reasonable fees.
- [00:00:37.226]Examples are differential gene expression,
- [00:00:39.997]De novo or guided genome or
- [00:00:43.880]functional genomics,
gene pathway analysis,
- [00:00:46.508]annotation of novel species,
gene ontology, or gene set
- [00:00:50.980]enrichment analysis,
Metagenomics, or transcriptomics
- [00:00:54.468]and grow and metadata deposition
to external providers.
- [00:00:59.188]- In addition to these services
- [00:01:01.550]we provide custom
computation spend analysis
- [00:01:04.257]that are not standard out of the box
- [00:01:06.800]in current software tools.
- [00:01:08.890]For example, we develop new
pipelines and workflows, develop
- [00:01:12.964]and set up research
databases and web portals
- [00:01:17.130]as well as integrate big data.
- [00:01:19.840]Furthermore, we offer a consultation
- [00:01:21.966]training and workshops.
- [00:01:24.170]Assist with writing the
bioinformatics methods sections
- [00:01:27.980]for our proposals and aid in writing
- [00:01:30.373]and data analysis for manuscripts.
- [00:01:34.504]- Most of our compute work takes place
- [00:01:36.830]at the Holland computing center
- [00:01:38.660]where we have co-located several
- [00:01:40.440]of our servers and keep
software and database
- [00:01:43.160]up to date for the life sciences community
- [00:01:45.570]in collaboration with the center.
- [00:01:47.970]We also have our own compute
cluster in Walter Scott Hall
- [00:01:51.056]where the university
provides a temperature
- [00:01:53.280]controlled facility, complete
- [00:01:54.870]with backup power and fire
- [00:01:58.160]With continual monitoring of equipment.
- [00:02:01.460]- You find more information about us
- [00:02:03.220]or to initiate bioinformatics projects,
- [00:02:05.256]please see our website
- [00:02:07.050]or contact us at BCRF
dash support at UNL. EDU
- [00:02:11.362](Upbeat music)
Log in to post comments