Schmid Law Library Virtual Groundbreaking
A look at the Marvin and Virginia Schmid Law Library as renovation work begins.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.236](bright music)
- [00:00:02.300]Now, as we embark on the renovation
- [00:00:04.220]of the Schmid Law Library,
- [00:00:05.840]I wanted to take one last glimpse with you
- [00:00:08.510]so we can remember where we started.
- [00:00:11.477](bright music)
- [00:00:13.260]The biggest transformations will happen on the main level
- [00:00:16.110]and on the lower basement level.
- [00:00:18.320]On the main level, we will be adding outdoor access
- [00:00:21.020]to the courtyard, moving many of the stacks
- [00:00:23.510]to allow for more open and collaborative study areas.
- [00:00:26.850]Adding one-button technology suites for podcasting
- [00:00:29.800]and digital learning.
- [00:00:31.550]Moving the library faculty offices
- [00:00:33.840]to bring librarians closer to students and patrons.
- [00:00:37.350]Adding a wellness space for our students,
- [00:00:39.490]and much, much more.
- [00:00:41.440]On the lower level, we are incredibly excited
- [00:00:43.970]for the community stage area
- [00:00:45.830]to host faculty talks, debates, and other discussions.
- [00:00:49.690]We were also eager to use the new classrooms
- [00:00:52.250]to provide additional study space
- [00:00:54.240]and to connect the new basement
- [00:00:56.060]to the existing student lounge area.
- [00:00:58.620]Our students and our community will benefit immensely
- [00:01:01.460]from these new areas in a space
- [00:01:03.440]that was previously unusable.
- [00:01:05.510]There are many, many more changes, but I'll keep this brief.
- [00:01:08.930]And while I wish we could have celebrated the start
- [00:01:10.980]of this renovation in-person,
- [00:01:12.800]I hope this virtual groundbreaking,
- [00:01:14.520]so to speak, will do for now.
- [00:01:16.790]I'm very much looking forward to celebrating
- [00:01:19.210]the grand opening of the newly renovated
- [00:01:21.810]Marvin and Virginia Schmid Law Library in-person with you.
Log in to post comments