Online Orientation How-to: MyPlan
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.066](bright music)
- [00:00:08.540]Throughout your time at Nebraska,
- [00:00:09.980]you'll have moments where you need to lean on an expert.
- [00:00:12.520]It might be meeting with your academic advisor
- [00:00:14.700]to talk through course options or to change your major.
- [00:00:18.020]It might be talking through a study schedule
- [00:00:20.240]with an academic success coach,
- [00:00:22.340]meeting with a career coach
- [00:00:23.670]to talk about internship options,
- [00:00:25.730]or meeting with a special program
- [00:00:27.810]like honors or scholarships.
- [00:00:29.840]That's where MyPLAN comes in.
- [00:00:32.770]Let's say I'm wanting to set up an appointment
- [00:00:34.830]with an academic advisor to discuss which classes
- [00:00:37.470]I need to take for the upcoming semester.
- [00:00:40.210]I start by logging into my Canvas portal.
- [00:00:43.410]On the left-hand side of the page, I'll click account,
- [00:00:46.420]and then select the MyPLAN option.
- [00:00:53.090]From here, I choose who I'm looking for.
- [00:00:55.800]In this case, I'm selecting my assigned academic advisor.
- [00:00:59.540]I can call, schedule, or click the three dots
- [00:01:02.360]on the right-hand side to send an email, visit the website,
- [00:01:05.710]or view their profile.
- [00:01:09.460]When I click on the schedule button
- [00:01:10.900]next to my advisor's icon,
- [00:01:12.730]it takes me to a portal
- [00:01:14.070]where I can select the day and time that works for me.
- [00:01:17.560]Then I choose a location and click confirm.
- [00:01:20.530]After that, the confirmation details
- [00:01:22.440]will be sent to me via email.
- [00:01:24.370]And that's it. It's that simple.
- [00:01:26.683](bright music)
Log in to post comments