Utilizing the Health Center
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.606](gentle music)
- [00:00:15.610]Hi, everyone, my name is Elle Stanley
- [00:00:17.410]and I'm a senior biochemistry major from Columbia, Missouri.
- [00:00:20.490]The university health center is one of the amenities at UNL
- [00:00:23.070]that we hope you never have to use
- [00:00:24.520]but it's always there if you need it.
- [00:00:26.320]The health center is home to not only a medical clinic,
- [00:00:28.800]but also the center for wellbeing, CAPS,
- [00:00:31.120]a physical therapy office and a dental clinic
- [00:00:33.890]as well as a pharmacy.
- [00:00:35.250]Whenever you need a medical check-in,
- [00:00:37.000]the health center is there to help you out.
- [00:00:39.010]My first year at UNL, I got strep throat
- [00:00:41.200]as well as a viral throat infection.
- [00:00:44.180]Super fun, I know.
- [00:00:46.330]Being from out of state, trying to find a doctor in Lincoln
- [00:00:49.070]was very stressful on top of being fairly sick.
- [00:00:52.300]Yet setting up an appointment
- [00:00:53.500]with the university health center was super easy.
- [00:00:56.150]I called the center, set up a same day appointment,
- [00:00:58.180]and walked from my dorm room.
- [00:00:59.620]When I arrived, I was helped in filling out
- [00:01:01.520]all the forms necessary, saw a doctor within 15 minutes,
- [00:01:04.460]and left the prescription to fill
- [00:01:05.820]at the lower level pharmacy.
- [00:01:07.520]The health center is there to help you when you need it.
- [00:01:09.250]So don't hesitate to take advantage
- [00:01:10.840]of this on-campus resource.
- [00:01:12.310](gentle music)
Log in to post comments