Karen Stelling is a professor of practice in Materials and Mechanical engineering. She teachs a variety of leadership classes.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.048](upbeat music begins)
- [00:00:03.470]We have an Engineering 100 class
- [00:00:06.440]where the students learn about the interpersonal skills
- [00:00:10.130]and about themselves.
- [00:00:11.440]And we intentionally, in my mind,
- [00:00:13.900]it's an intentional sequence,
- [00:00:15.460]and Engineering 200,
- [00:00:17.160]professionalism and global perspectives,
- [00:00:19.440]that's where they work on teamwork
- [00:00:21.270]and handling the conflict
- [00:00:22.470]and really understanding professionalism
- [00:00:24.410]and emotional intelligence.
- [00:00:26.220]And then 320 is leadership, ethics,
- [00:00:29.950]and management.
- [00:00:31.200]And so it's the,
- [00:00:32.740]okay, let me know myself.
- [00:00:34.250]Now, let me know how to work on a team.
- [00:00:36.190]Now that I can do that,
- [00:00:37.580]well, how do I become a good leader?
- [00:00:39.450]Because the best leaders know how
- [00:00:41.400]to be good team members,
- [00:00:42.540]and they know themselves.
Log in to post comments