189H: Out of Our Past
Hear from Dr. Tim Borstelmann about this fantastic new Honors seminar about the history of America!
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:05.500]Hi, I'm Tim Borstelmann from the History Department
- [00:00:08.290]at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- [00:00:10.360]I'll be teaching University Honors 189H, Out of Our Past:
- [00:00:14.040]America from the Enlightenment to the Present.
- [00:00:17.470]We'll be doing a large-scale, big-history survey
- [00:00:20.650]of how the United States came to be,
- [00:00:23.530]originally out of the European Enlightenment
- [00:00:26.350]and Protestant Reformation,
- [00:00:28.030]up through the development of a set of colonies
- [00:00:31.050]on the North Atlantic coastline,
- [00:00:33.140]the creation of a new nation,
- [00:00:35.550]the wrestling with and the eventual destruction of slavery,
- [00:00:38.870]the development of an American empire overseas,
- [00:00:41.660]the major conflicts of the 20th century,
- [00:00:43.830]World War I, World War II,
- [00:00:45.140]and the development since 1945
- [00:00:47.390]of contemporary modern American society.
- [00:00:50.800]I hope you'll join me.
Log in to post comments